Forum Confusion. Where do I put my Photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ami

First Lady of CivilWarTalk
Super Moderator
Hello Gettysburg forum!

apparently there is some confusion on where certain posts should go.

I am going to try and clear things up, because a few members have made nasty comments directed towards me.

If you happen to be on the Gettysburg Battlefield and take a beautiful photo of something, anything, and want to show it off, we have a place for that! The Contemporary Photo forum. This includes things, like sunsets, monuments, horses, birds, children, cemeteries, trees, buildings, rocks the resemble a person etc. Any modern photo that you took, or those like battlefield cams that you can capture screen shots from.

If you have a period photo or a period photo combined with a modern photo, and is furthering the discussion of the Battle (which is what the Battle of Gettysburg forum is for) it belongs in the Battle of Gettysburg forum.

This forum, (Battle of Gettysburg) is about that battle. Photos posted here should be about the battle, or the time surrounding the battle.

A photo of a bird sitting on a fence on the battlefield, may be a fantastic shot, but it isn't about the battle, it is about the bird, or the fence. It is a contemporary photo and belongs in the contemporary photo forum. We still want to see your photo. But since it isn't about the Battle of Gettysburg, it doesn't belong here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back