Brass Napoleon Award Pets And The People They Allowed To Hang Around Them

A great choice!
Congratulations, Annie, and all who contributed to make this thread a Winner!
tdbb15e_gemischt_0003.gif

Holy snowballs. Little whifty sometimes, managed to miss this by not checking ' alerts ' yet. This thread honored by the Brass Napoleon Award just confirms a belief in how defaulting to our better selves through animals is such a common ground, and so obvious we miss it. More dogs, less yelling. They don't like it.

bog dog small boy.jpg

Your thread title is fantastic. I often say, "I am owned by a Boston Terrier". He allows me to love him and has me wrapped around his little black toe.

This photo cracked me up. This woman's exhausted face says, "Take it now. He's not going to stay here long." Shortly after the photo was completed, I'll bet that dog ran off to find some garbage to get into.

View attachment 229121
floridamemory.com
Wow, that’s one dedicated dog owner, I’m impressed by the fact that she wears her dogs bed on her head.

It's sure been a common theme here, our pets. I forget what the first photo was- a town, I think, but pets got in front of cameras as soon as anyone could say " sit ". I really thought Dogs In Camp thread would top the votes ( I voted for it ) because really, men being big softies over dogs? Can't get enough.

It'd be terrific thinking ' my ' thread was honored by the Brass Napoleon Award but it seriously never was ' mine'. Pets, something we all agree on.

Well, may be some discussion on what is and is not cuddly.
dog cart 14.jpg

So funny- forgot this again and boy do we need our pets! Read where the shelters have enjoyed watching adopted animals leave for new homes these past months. Some have been actually emptied by the pandemic- so there's good news somewhere! It's funny. All kinds of studies about why animals help us through these awful times and I wish they'd stop studying it. They just do.

I realize this thread is for pets-of-yore.... but here's our Jack, who came to live with us the very last day before the shut-down. And he's here to stay.
jack.JPG

You have to see this guy's tail. Best ever- when he wags it, it's like a broken windshield wiper. We thought he was GSD/Husky, pretty sure some Akita sneaked in there somewhere......
jack creek.JPG

Sorry, one more. Charlie, GSD/Husky mix, lovesssss minnows. 7 years, hasn't caught one, never stops trying.
charlie looking for minnows.JPG

So funny- forgot this again and boy do we need our pets! Read where the shelters have enjoyed watching adopted animals leave for new homes these past months. Some have been actually emptied by the pandemic- so there's good news somewhere! It's funny. All kinds of studies about why animals help us through these awful times and I wish they'd stop studying it. They just do.

I realize this thread is for pets-of-yore.... but here's our Jack, who came to live with us the very last day before the shut-down. And he's here to stay.
View attachment 361165

You have to see this guy's tail. Best ever- when he wags it, it's like a broken windshield wiper. We thought he was GSD/Husky, pretty sure some Akita sneaked in there somewhere......
View attachment 361167

Sorry, one more. Charlie, GSD/Husky mix, lovesssss minnows. 7 years, hasn't caught one, never stops trying.
View attachment 361168

My Maggie rules the roost...a 10-yr.-old dachshund. But more to the point:
When visiting Rose Hill Cemetery in Macon, Ga. ( posted under Cemeteries ), I had to take one more....
BAB449E3-1689-4F7B-BCFF-DC903E1DC447.jpeg

When this wonderful thread was started, I remembered this photo, and researched Lieut. Bobby’s history. Captain Harris is buried directly to his left.
I think I cried the whole time I was reading it.
EBDA4A20-CDF2-4F6A-ADD6-D194E72906B8.jpeg
07F87056-7220-4579-8D7B-DC8DBA94453D.jpeg
87B247E7-4D9B-426B-B3E2-E28E5D3AD7E0.jpeg

When this wonderful thread was started, I remembered this photo, and researched Lieut. Bobby’s history. Captain Harris is buried directly to his left.

" Just a brown dog ". That would finish me off before researching a thing! @LoyaltyOfDogs , @John Hartwell , ( this is terrible, I can't remember who are the hosts of 4-footed friends forum- ) is it possible for this little guy to be copied to his own thread? @farrargirl , would you mind maybe creating one in that forum? Thanks for posting him here and he really deserves his own place, too.

Back