Petersburg Confederate Unit Strengths over time

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

Luke Freet

Corporal
I remember about 2-3 years ago I came across this website which had collected a bunch of unit reports for the siege of Petersburg, and had a list of troop strengths over time that was very helpful. I can't find it anymore and I believe it has just been deleted or lost.
Anyways, the meat and bones of what I want to get at is those brigade strength tables. I asked before about the Confederate numbers in the Overland Campaign, where people linked pages from Albert Young's book on that particular subject. If anyone has any information, or places where I can find this, I would love to hear it.

Note: If you are pointing me towards the OR I would prefer to be given some specific citations. I have been directed towards them before without a citation and was unable to find what that person was pointing me too because he would not give me specifics.

Edit: Link to the Overland Campaign thread I refer toohttps://civilwartalk.com/threads/confederate-unit-strengths-in-the-overland-campaign-army-corps-division-and-or-brigade.155605/

48th Miss.

First Sergeant
Beyond the Crater was the site that had the Petershurg info. I have not been on it lately but might still have his info somewhere. Schulte was his last name. Forgot his first.

Luke Freet

Corporal
Beyond the Crater was the site that had the Petershurg info. I have not been on it lately but might still have his info somewhere. Schulte was his last name. Forgot his first.
Presume your refering to stuff like this? http://www.beyondthecrater.com/resources/oob/nafziger-petersburg-siege-oobs/confederate-oobs/anv-nafziger/864iad-anv-10-sept-1864/

Because this is nice and all but...the breakdowns I found went down to brigade level, rather than the division.

48th Miss.

First Sergeant
Presume your refering to stuff like this? http://www.beyondthecrater.com/resources/oob/nafziger-petersburg-siege-oobs/confederate-oobs/anv-nafziger/864iad-anv-10-sept-1864/

Because this is nice and all but...the breakdowns I found went down to brigade level, rather than the division.
Several new books are out on Petersburg, I will need to find notes on one that was referred to me. You might be able to contact that author who then might point you in a better direction. Or contact beyond the crater and see if he has info that he did not post. I have not talked to him in years so I'm not sure what else he has.

48th Miss.

First Sergeant
The Final Battle of the Petersburg Campaign: Breaking the Backbone of the Rebellion . This is the newest book referred to me . The second edition had some changes and was the one suggested. It's on Amazon.

White Flint Bill

Sergeant
The Final Battle of the Petersburg Campaign: Breaking the Backbone of the Rebellion . This is the newest book referred to me . The second edition had some changes and was the one suggested. It's on Amazon.
This is an excellent book, but the author has recently published another one called A Campaign of Giants, which is to be the first of a trilogy. I haven't read it yet but my guess is that it is as thorough and good as the one you mentioned.

48th Miss.

First Sergeant
This is an excellent book, but the author has recently published another one called A Campaign of Giants, which is to be the first of a trilogy. I haven't read it yet but my guess is that it is as thorough and good as the one you mentioned.
Thanks, I will have to check that out.
Phil Hatfield will have one out soon dealing with a WVa unit and Petersburg but I forget the title now. It's in peer review now I believe. He has published on Anse Hatfield and the CW and how the NC Militaria helped start the war. All on Amazon.