Perryville Battle Returns To Site

Thea, thanks for posting that. I just finished a book called "Perryville, This Grand Havoc of Battle", by Kenneth Noe. It's geographically the closest of the larger battles to where I live. I'd love to make it there in October. I will definitely put it on the calendar.

Terry

Terry: Make your Perryville plans well in advance. Perryville is small. If the event is as large as 2002 (we were there in 2003), I can't imagine how that number can be crammed into the park, but I guess they did -- they were still talking about it a year later. It's not that far from you, but it will be require overnighting. Danvill (22 miles) is about the closest place where you can get lodging and restaurants. Bring a box lunch -- once you get into the park, you're not going to want to head into town to eat at the Marathon or Amoco. Make reservations early and be sure to leave home early enough to stop at Bardstown. One of the nicest CW museums I've seen. Enjoy.

Ole, thanks. Didn't know that the event drew so many folks, and I was unaware of the museum in Bardstown. I have relatives all around Louisville, but never heard of the museum. I'll definitely check it out.
Thanks for the heads-up.

Terry

Folks,

As Of right now I'll be there.. So look for the smallest 37 yr old out the field.

Maybe I can get away for a bit and say high to who ever comes to the event..

I tried this at the 140th Franklin event in 2004 with some online friends and I never got the chance to meet who i was planning on meeting..

But Did get to meet one of them at the Cedar Creek event last Oct..

If you plan attending let me know.

Steve and Ird, I'll keep it on my calendar and as the date gets closer I'll PM you and see if maybe there's a central landmark or such where we can meet up with each other, and any of the other folks from the board who are able to go.

Terry

Back