Pepper Soup (Italian)

donna

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
My great grandparents came to America in 1890. They brought many recipes with them. This is one that my Grandma made and said from her mother.

Pepper Soup

1 1/2 lb Italian sausage, sweet or mild
2 cups hot water
2 beef bouillon cubes
6 green peppers, cut into strips

Brown sausage in skillet for 1 hour, remove sausage. Add sufficient water to loosen drippings in skillet. Let broth cool; skim off fat. Add hot water and cubes. Add green pepper. Cut sausage into bite size pieces and return to broth and peppers. Cook for 7 to 8 minutes. Serve immediately.

Yummy! Thanks for reminding me how much I love this... It's been a while.

Donna. Thanks for sharing this wonderful and tasteful soup recipe. My father made this soup quite often when we were kids. However, since I am older now unfortunately the green peppers give me tremendous heartburn so I cannot eat them anymore. David.

My great grandparents came to America in 1890. They brought many recipes with them. This is one that my Grandma made and said from her mother.

Pepper Soup

1 1/2 lb Italian sausage, sweet or mild
2 cups hot water
2 beef bouillon cubes
6 green peppers, cut into strips

Brown sausage in skillet for 1 hour, remove sausage. Add sufficient water to loosen drippings in skillet. Let broth cool; skim off fat. Add hot water and cubes. Add green pepper. Cut sausage into bite size pieces and return to broth and peppers. Cook for 7 to 8 minutes. Serve immediately.
Brown the sausage for 1 hour,sounds like overkill.

Back