Peace Light

Gettysburg Guide #154

Sergeant
Member of the Month
Well, there was no pretty sunset this Tuesday evening, as our battle walk was done mostly in a light drizzle. But here is the Eternal Flame Peace Memorial shining through the gathering mist. Perhaps this is a good time to remember the wish of the veterans who proposed this monument as stated on the front of the memorial: "PEACE ETERNAL IN A NATION UNTIED".
Peace Light in the Mist.jpeg

Well, there was no pretty sunset this Tuesday evening, as our battle walk was done mostly in a light drizzle. But here is the Eternal Flame Peace Memorial shining through the gathering mist. Perhaps this is a good time to remember the wish of the veterans who proposed this monument as stated on the front of the memorial: "PEACE ETERNAL IN A NATION UNTIED".
View attachment 372447
Thank you.

Ahem....coughphotoofthemonthcontestcoughcough....

For me, this is a photo symbolizing hope for our time. A road, a fog, a light signifying peace between combatants, and "untied" emerging in fact as "united". I really like this photo. Thanks for sharing. I hope this post doesn't get deleted.

Thanks to all of you who provided such nice comments. It had rained off and on during our Battlefield Walk discussing Cutler's Brigade on Day 1. It was getting dark and I thought that there would be no pretty sunset picture like the ones I captured the previous two weeks. But as I turned down Robinson Avenue, I realized that what I had just seen required a photo, so I turned back to get the picture that started this string. With so much positive reaction, I am really glad I did. Your comments are much appreciated.

Back