Patrick R. Rohan

I am glad that he had a chance to say a likely good-bye to all of us, some are not afforded that opportunity or do not take advantage of it. I didn't know what to make of his post, as I was not familar with him personally, but I hoped it was the depths of a low point rather than an end...perhaps as many of us here of all persuasions hoped. At any rate, in his very final days, he reached out here to kindred spirits in the ACW study to let us know he was passing on. That is worthy of honor and respect. Permit me a humble and simplistic emoticon in observance of that, :notworthy: , prroh.

I am glad that he had a chance to say a likely good-bye to all of us, some are not afforded that opportunity or do not take advantage of it. I didn't know what to make of his post, as I was not familar with him personally, but I hoped it was the depths of a low point rather than an end...perhaps as many of us here of all persuasions hoped. At any rate, in his very final days, he reached out here to kindred spirits in the ACW study to let us know he was passing on. That is worthy of honor and respect. Permit me a humble and simplistic emoticon in observance of that, :notworthy: , prroh.
He was a man that we would all have been proud to serve with. In his final days he chose to let us know that he was leaving us and gave us a look at how a man faces the end. I for one will always remember his courage and hope to be able to match it when my time comes. Pat I hope to meet you on the other side and will never forget. Ted

These words say it best for me:
`````````````````````
You can shed tears that he is gone
or you can smile because he has lived.

You can close your eyes and pray that he'll come back
or you can open your eyes and see all he's left.

Your heart can be empty because you can't see him
or you can be full of the love and friendship you shared.

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.

You can remember him and only that he's gone or you
can cherish his memory and let it live on.

You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back
or you can do what he'd want: smile; open your eyes; love; and go on.

```````````````````````````````````
--BBF

These words say it best for me:
`````````````````````
You can shed tears that he is gone
or you can smile because he has lived.

You can close your eyes and pray that he'll come back
or you can open your eyes and see all he's left.

Your heart can be empty because you can't see him
or you can be full of the love and friendship you shared.

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.

You can remember him and only that he's gone or you
can cherish his memory and let it live on.

You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back
or you can do what he'd want: smile; open your eyes; love; and go on.

```````````````````````````````````
--BBF

I couldn't have said it any better Bonny.

Sorry I was out Pat, when you left us.

I was over at THC when I first got to know you, then you and I, with many others, came here to continue our discussions about the American Civil War.

You had a technique that I called the "knee knocker" approach when you would ask a question out of the blue. I named it after those doors/hatches the navy has on its ships to close off portions that are taking on water.

I'm going to miss you, Pat, right along with Larry, Connie and others who have passed over. I want to thank you for your posts that made me question, think, and dig a little deeper. I feel there was no greater gift that a member of this forum could give to another and I thank you for the times you gave me many such gifts.

Goodbye, Pat, and please, rest in peace.

Sincerely,
Unionblue

Very sorry to hear this. Prroh always had hopeful and encouraging words for others who suffered. I just went back and looked again at the photos from the Gettysburg trip thread. He put a lot of effort into that and I'm glad he was able to make the outing.

I want to thank you for your posts that made me question, think, and dig a little deeper. I feel there was no greater gift that a member of this forum could give to another and I thank you for the times you gave me many such gifts.

And that happened to me on some of my posts. You gave a follow up post that gave me an "oh yeah" moment and you will be missed. RIP fellow Marylander.

Back