Part of the Battle of Resaca

BronxYankee

Corporal
Was working the other day in Calhoun, GA at the Gordon County Sheriff Department and came across these 2 cannons. Part of the battle of Resaca was fought near where the Gordon County Sheriff Department is today.

3A59BC82-036E-405A-8704-AE47E64DA9A0.jpeg
16582031-B129-44B0-BA21-6C747FD29AD6.jpeg
27DFEF5E-D486-4D97-A4CE-E3D77D19DA30.jpeg

Was working the other day in Calhoun, GA at the Gordon County Sheriff Department and came across these 2 cannons. Part of the battle of Resaca was fought near where the Gordon County Sheriff Department is today.

View attachment 345562View attachment 345563View attachment 345564
Kind of reminds me of the site of the Battle of Chantilly/ Ox Hill site where less then 5 acres are set aside for the Ox Hill Battlefield Park. And that is only 1.5% of the Battlefield as development in that area of Northern Virginia has taken it's toll on historical preservation. And according to Wikipedia there is a small yard located within the nearby Fairfax Towne Center that has been preserved to mark the area crossed by Confederate troops to get to the Ox Hill battlefield. A "yard" !!!

Last edited:
Kind of reminds me of the site of the Battle of Chantilly/ Ox Hill site where there is less then 5 acres are set aside for the Ox Hill Battlefield Park. And that is only 1.5% of the Battlefield as development in that area of Northern Virginia has taken it's toll on historical preservation. And according to Wikipedia there is a small yard located within the nearby Fairfax Towne Center that has been preserved to mark the area crossed by Confederate troops to get to the Ox Hill battlefield. A "yard" !!!
That’s crazy. When I go up to NOVA for work I sometimes stay in Herndon and have driven by there and never walked around whatever part of the battlefield is left.

Back