Orb photos, any one?

It's weird though that the fog or double orb seems to be right over my husband's head. Clearly, if it's "a something," it's not at all interested in me or the dog - just my husband. His gg grandfather was present at Gettysburg but was not wounded there ---- or anywhere else for that matter, until he was killed May 12, 1864 at Spotsylvania. Maybe I should look at pictures from Spotsy again and see if there's anything unusual in any of them?
That orb resembles a peace sign pointing to 7, at least to me. Super cool!
Lubliner.

New Market, Bushong Orchard fence facing Bushong's Hill. 17 May 2008 10:38 PM
Fence line 1.jpg

I am a skeptic concerning orbs since they are usually a spot on the lens or a light flare , but the first image almost looks 3 dimensional . I've never seen one like that .
Yeah, I took it to the mall to Ritz camera after I got it developed (dating myself 😄). I asked the guy there to look at it, he said the same thing, maybe lens flare except that much I would have certainly noticed looking through the viewfinder, and I know I didn’t see it when I took the photo.

Yeah, I took it to the mall to Ritz camera after I got it developed (dating myself 😄). I asked the guy there to look at it, he said the same thing, maybe lens flare except that much I would have certainly noticed looking through the viewfinder, and I know I didn’t see it when I took the photo.
I have done some photography and never had anything come out like that. The f-stop on an instant is more than the eye can see. All I know.
Lubliner.

Great Swamp Fight Memorial 12/17/15, 340th anniversary of my 9th great-grandfather's death leading his company of Roxbury militia (Massachusetts Bay Colony) across the log bridge in the attack on the Narragansett Indian fort. I know the orb is due to the direction of the sunlight striking the lens, but it still makes you study those photos hoping to see something.

View attachment 399654

I've been meaning to check that site out. I have a strong interest in King Philips War being from Southeast Massachusetts. As your relative commanded the Roxbury Company, I'm guessing he was Isaac Johnson?

I've been meaning to check that site out. I have a strong interest in King Philips War being from Southeast Massachusetts. As your relative commanded the Roxbury Company, I'm guessing he was Isaac Johnson?
That one's on my 'to do' list as well. I'm in Western Mass now, but grew up in Plymouth County. Out at this end of the state, I worked for several years at a school on the banks of "Bloody Brook" in South Deerfield where Thomas Lathrop and 76 of the men with him were ambushed and killed by 700 members of the Pocumtuck. There were only ten survivors.

Last edited:
Correct. If I remember correctly, 7 of the different militia company captains were killed in the fight.

Last edited:
Back