"One of Forrest's Men"...sort of

Kurt G

2nd Lieutenant
This is a 120mm figure by Jaguar , long out of business. Jaguar and some other makers got into trouble for copying figures from Troiani prints. Their General Gordon looks like it walked out of Troiani's print , though they never described it as Gordon. This one is very similar to the print and it sat on my "shelf of doom" for many years . I finally finished it , but I have to mount it on a permanent base .

IMG_3224.JPG

IMG_3226.JPG

It is a very nice piece, and I think others would agree that we have come to expect nothing but first class work from you.
And it in a scale (120mm) that really shows off your talents!

That's a great figure and great painting. If you still have the box I'll be interested to know who the sculptor was, I'm guessing Carl Reid.

That's a great figure and great painting. If you still have the box I'll be interested to know who the sculptor was, I'm guessing Carl Reid.
Unfortunately the box is long gone , but I do have the instructions . Instructions were included because the saddle was in several pieces and you have to heat up the resin straps in hot water to bend them properly . The instructions say "by Stefano Cannone" , but he may be the painter of the box art and / or sculptor .

It is a very nice piece, and I think others would agree that we have come to expect nothing but first class work from you.
And it in a scale (120mm) that really shows off your talents!
Thanks Booner . I have a few other larger scale figures that I started but never finished when I was switching from oils to acrylics . I'm working on some of them now .

Back