On This Day.... 15 May 1864

Also on this day the 10 names of the Cadets who "Died on the field of honor" are called out at VMI. Maybe next year travel and things will be better and I can go back to VMI.

That's probably somewhere on the list of things they will try to get rid of soon since they fought for the Confederacy.

Just sayin

I've never seen that movie... although I just found out it's included with Amazon prime... so I will be watching it soon.
Highly recommend it. In fairness, it's kind of a "B" movie, but it's a pretty good one. I'll admit that I'm bias, as I love this story. Most of it was filmed locally in my area.

Edit: This post inspired me to watch it again..! Thanks..! Was just as good this time :cool:

Last edited:
Also on this day the 10 names of the Cadets who "Died on the field of honor" are called out at VMI. Maybe next year travel and things will be better and I can go back to VMI.

That's probably somewhere on the list of things they will try to get rid of soon since they fought for the Confederacy.

Just sayin
The reading of the names, dates to 1887. They recently changed it, to include all VMI Alumni.

https://www.vmi.edu/archives/civil-...le-of-new-market/new-market-ceremony-history/

I was finally able to sit down today and watch it. I have to say, I actually enjoyed it a lot. I liked the part where Breckenridge was seated with the VMI cadets asking them what they are fighting for. It gives a good idea of what was going through the minds of young southerners during that time period... which I would say was fairly accurate.

I was finally able to sit down today and watch it. I have to say, I actually enjoyed it a lot. I liked the part where Breckenridge was seated with the VMI cadets asking them what they are fighting for. It gives a good idea of what was going through the minds of young southerners during that time period... which I would say was fairly accurate.
Yeah man, that was a great scene. Sure gave the impression he cared about them. I agree on their motivations too.

Back