Restricted Ole Miss Confederate Monument

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

Ole Miss

2nd Lieutenant
Forum Host
Silver Patron
The University of Mississippi is moving forward with the relocation of the Confederate statue from the Circle to the Confederate cemetery on campus. The process is expected to be completed in 90 days as it must first be cleared by the Mississippi Department of Archives and History (MDAH) and the Institutions of Higher Learning (IHL). I have included the article from the Oxford Eagle as well as the details from the Monument and the removal process below.

I believe Ole Miss is taking the lead in a highly contentious matter in a very wise fashion. We have reached the stage where rational discussion of any matter dealing with the Confederacy is no longer possible. The charge of being a supporter of the Confederacy has become the new "are you still beating your wife" allegation which can not be discussed successfully.

Today's thread post by @Belle Montgomery about the National Museum of Civil War Medicine possibly removing the Confederate Battle Flag from its logo shows how far this concept of "Political Correctness" has gone into the world of fantasy. We can not, nor should we, change history so that no one is offended. The stupidity must stop.
Regards
David

NH Civil War Gal

1st Lieutenant
Forum Host
I hope everyone here in CWT will go take the National Museum of Civil War Medicine's public poll. I did using the link that was in Belle's posting.