Recent Find OK Christmas Is Over Time To See the Goodies

Along the same lines of your book, if you ever have the opportunity to read C.S. Forrester's Rifleman Dodd, I believe that you would enjoy it as it was sold in a pocket size to American Soldiers in WWII and was the basis for Bernard Cornwell's Sharpe's series of novels. And good luck on the pickup, if I live long enough; I hope to get my Bugeye Sprite back on the road.

I'll have to keep an eye out for that book, or ask Tom if he has a copy in the museum I can borrow. As for the 49, I was planning on taking out the motor and getting a new one till my younger brother pointed out our grandad had put a Ford 289 under the hood. Lots and lots of work, but I reckon there will be many rewards restoring that truck.

I'll have to keep an eye out for that book, or ask Tom if he has a copy in the museum I can borrow. As for the 49, I was planning on taking out the motor and getting a new one till my younger brother pointed out our grandad had put a Ford 289 under the hood. Lots and lots of work, but I reckon there will be many rewards restoring that truck.
There certainly will be, just be patient.

I got a really nice artillery picture for my office, an artillery fuse mallet, a fuse box, a read artillery bolt (lost in the mail) , an artillery belt plate (which is also lost in the mail) and a Red Ryder BB Gun - which I'm not allowed to have BB's for because I might shoot my eye out. Santa was very, very, very good to me this year-much better than I deserve. :dance:
The safety with the BB gun is close both eyes before you shoot.

I got a pair of beautiful Tartan Plaid Pagamas. Do you want a picture of me wearing them or pehaps a picture of me holding them and me not wearing any? Just let me know!
Regards
David
PS My wife suggests me wearing them would be best but what does she know?
On Wednesday night, we will be expecting to see them!

The wife is all knowing and all seeing as she’s also a mom
My daughter, now 23, asked daddy when she was quite little if "mummy was magic" and he asked why she asked that. It was because I knew "everything she was into!" He told her, that I was a "little bit magic" because I even knew what he was into!:bounce:

On Wednesday night, we will be expecting to see them!
Thinking of that image I can only say, Yikes:

Yikes!!!.jpg

I received as a gift from my husband and daughter a beautiful CW hand blown medicine bottle with stopper and leather case. The carrying strap is gone but the label on the bottle says "Alcohol 90%." I also got two, genuine 1863 Harper's Illustrated prints that my sister sent me from Virginia. The Canal one is March 1863 and says, "General William's Canal" which surprised me because I thought it would be Grant's Canal and the other picture is May 1863 saying "Hill was wounded. Rodes was next in rank, but Hill sent for Stuart."

IMG_5635.JPG
IMG_5636.JPG
IMG_5637.JPG
IMG_5638.JPG

I got a pair of beautiful Tartan Plaid Pagamas. Do you want a picture of me wearing them
No!!!

I got Timothy Smith’s new book on Vicksburg — my 5th book by him. I didnt think I needed to read anymore about Vicksburg but I know Smith’s account will present new details.

Also got some sticking stuffers to help my stuff my .50 caliber guns.
83FDBA5F-BBCD-4926-B9CF-04B20C2D259D.jpeg

C73DE56F-0F62-4FD0-94B5-D6E8ABB908E9.jpeg

No!!!

I got Timothy Smith’s new book on Vicksburg — my 5th book by him. I didnt think I needed to read anymore about Vicksburg but I know Smith’s account will present new details.

Also got some sticking stuffers to help my stuff my .50 caliber guns.
View attachment 385960

View attachment 385961

Hey those percussion caps are a wonderful gift and hard to get now!

I got down to a movie set in South Texas a couple of weeks ago to find three tins I had missing from my gun box. I called EVERY gun shop in a hundred mile radius, and visited I don't know how many and all were sold out. Apparently there's a shortage of caps along with primers, which the latter I can see, and the caps has me floored.

Last edited:
Is anyone else waiting on the postal system for boxes? My husband says he still has some presents for me that haven't come in. I have a few more presents for my daughter that haven't come in. We received my sister's box from Virginia on 12/23. She paid for 2-day priority and had mailed it two weeks prior.

I bought a couple of CW presents for myself but the order is a bit messed up so the dealer and I are straightening that out. He has had Covid for three weeks and brought someone in to help do his Christmas orders and that didn't turn out so well he said.

Is anyone else waiting on the postal system for boxes? My husband says he still has some presents for me that haven't come in. I have a few more presents for my daughter that haven't come in. We received my sister's box from Virginia on 12/23. She paid for 2-day priority and had mailed it two weeks prior.

I bought a couple of CW presents for myself but the order is a bit messed up so the dealer and I are straightening that out. He has had Covid for three weeks and brought someone in to help do his Christmas orders and that didn't turn out so well he said.
A belt buckle that has been MIA for a month and an artillery shell, so yes; you could say that I'm rather miffed with the USPS. :banghead:

Yes, indeed. But there's been word on the news that the postal system is all gummed up. Apparently the private commercial carriers are refusing to take more than they can handle so it all falls on USPS which was already stretched thin because of Covid. Here in Maine (and I suspect in other cold weather states) the problem has been compounded by the amount of snow which has made many front walks impassable. I'd say that we are in for a long, dragged out Christmas season!

I think I've been blessed with the postal service this year. One item I ordered came in via USPS two weeks earlier than said, and to my surprise I had more problems getting something in via UPS.

As for the well known to many here Tom, last I talked to him someone ordered a sensitive item to dropped of at his store, I don't know if it was UPS, or USPS and they said it was signed for and delivered, only it wasn't...

Back