Recent Find OK Christmas Is Over Time To See the Goodies

UCVRelics

Brevet Brigadier General
Forum Host
Gold Patron
Regtl. Quartermaster Shiloh 2020
Asst. Regtl. Quartermaster Antietam 2021
Regtl. Quartermaster Stones River / Franklin 2022
Here are 2 of mine. My Good friend Bob and his wife Nurse Mary gave me an original White Mansions album. And Santa brought me an artillery prolong for the field gun I'm restoring. So lets see what you got for Christmas.
IMG_20201226_163550989.jpg

1609028169875.png

My daughter got me a Gettysburg tie. Sorry about the quality of the pic. I am still in Covid-19 quarantine and the room I am in isn't the best for photos.

IMG_20201226_202730256~2.jpg

I got a pair of beautiful Tartan Plaid Pagamas. Do you want a picture of me wearing them or pehaps a picture of me holding them and me not wearing any? Just let me know!
Regards
David
PS My wife suggests me wearing them would be best but what does she know?

Every Christmas, I buy myself a present with the idea that no one is going to give me what I really want. It works out well--I am pleased and there is no grousing about the mis-tastes of friends and family. If you want that cabinet (and it is a beauty!), go out and buy it!
I’m only about $12k short. The wife doesn’t love me that much. And for that much $ I could flush out my ACW small arms collection and still have enough money to bribe my wife not to murder me. Maybe. Ok, probably not.

Well Christmas was more or less good to me this year. I bought myself a DVD for the workshop, a Napoleonic Wars memoir, and a cousin of mine gifted me a copy, gift wrapped and all of Memoirs of the Confederate War for Independence by Heros Von Borcke, only issue with that last gift, is its the EXACT same copy I loaned him 6 or 7 years ago! Can't complain though, I've been wanting to re-read it for a good while.

20201224_210652.jpg

Also, not CW but I am proud of it, while the cousins were scrapping vehicles my mechanic grandad had laying around, instead of scrapping his old pride and joy 1949 Ford pickup, (in BAD need of restoration, its really a labor of love at this point), due to my constant yearning to see it restored, my grandmother, and at the insistence of a cousin, I was informed I'm the new owner of it a couple weeks before Christmas, so I'll count it as a Christmas present as well.

Only problem is it torpedo's my plans at casting a bronze Tredegar MR in the near future. One must manage their projects after all.

I’m only about $12k short. The wife doesn’t love me that much. And for that much $ I could flush out my ACW small arms collection and still have enough money to bribe my wife not to murder me. Maybe. Ok, probably not.
Several years ago I worked with a person who told me that it isn't healthy to resist temptations because it creates too much internal stress. Why don't you compromise: tell your wife that you've seen a cabinet that you'd really like to give her because she'd love it--however, you can't come up with the price on your own 😭 [violins playing in background]. She may love herself enough to, at least, look at the cabinet. Then she'll be hooked because it is truly wonderful! Bingo!

Caveat: I am not a professional advice-giver so, if this backfires, I won't own any blame. You're on your own. 😂

I got a really nice artillery picture for my office, an artillery fuse mallet, a fuse box, a read artillery bolt (lost in the mail) , an artillery belt plate (which is also lost in the mail) and a Red Ryder BB Gun - which I'm not allowed to have BB's for because I might shoot my eye out. Santa was very, very, very good to me this year-much better than I deserve. :dance:

Last edited:
I got a pair of beautiful Tartan Plaid Pagamas. Do you want a picture of me wearing them or pehaps a picture of me holding them and me not wearing any? Just let me know!
Regards
David
PS My wife suggests me wearing them would be best but what does she know?
Now that's a picture that I just can't get out of my head.

Last edited:
Well Christmas was more or less good to me this year. I bought myself a DVD for the workshop, a Napoleonic Wars memoir, and a cousin of mine gifted me a copy, gift wrapped and all of Memoirs of the Confederate War for Independence by Heros Von Borcke, only issue with that last gift, is its the EXACT same copy I loaned him 6 or 7 years ago! Can't complain though, I've been wanting to re-read it for a good while.

View attachment 385934

Also, not CW but I am proud of it, while the cousins were scrapping vehicles my mechanic grandad had laying around, instead of scrapping his old pride and joy 1949 Ford pickup, (in BAD need of restoration, its really a labor of love at this point), due to my constant yearning to see it restored, my grandmother, and at the insistence of a cousin, I was informed I'm the new owner of it a couple weeks before Christmas, so I'll count it as a Christmas present as well.

Only problem is it torpedo's my plans at casting a bronze Tredegar MR in the near future. One must manage their projects after all.
Along the same lines of your book, if you ever have the opportunity to read C.S. Forrester's Rifleman Dodd, I believe that you would enjoy it as it was sold in a pocket size to American Soldiers in WWII and was the basis for Bernard Cornwell's Sharpe's series of novels. And good luck on the pickup, if I live long enough; I hope to get my Bugeye Sprite back on the road.

Last edited:
Several years ago I worked with a person who told me that it isn't healthy to resist temptations because it creates too much internal stress. Why don't you compromise: tell your wife that you've seen a cabinet that you'd really like to give her because she'd love it--however, you can't come up with the price on your own 😭 [violins playing in background]. She may love herself enough to, at least, look at the cabinet. Then she'll be hooked because it is truly wonderful! Bingo!

Caveat: I am not a professional advice-giver so, if this backfires, I won't own any blame. You're on your own. 😂
Oh no, you get tossed right under the bus. The wife is all knowing and all seeing as she’s also a mom. We’d have to build a new room for the cabinet... and Bobbie would likely disappear me in the garden. “Where’s you human?”
“Garden.”
“I don’t see him.”
“Dig deeper.”

Back