Oh that bug, it sure is big, and I think I been bit!

Mrs. V

1st Lieutenant
I just signed up for the Zoar Event. I done been bitten by the reenactment bug! I’m odd, as I am not attached to a unit. Rather I typically wander around and sing to bolster the armies..both sides..morale. I am thinking I may put out a table, and identify myself as “The Civil War Songbird”. I’ve got a good number of songs in my repetoir already. I know I need more than I already know, so that I can take requests.

I was at Hale this last weekend, and @Belle Montgomery’s urging I sang for the Southern Contingent..and then I was in the right place/time that I could volunteer to songlead at the worship ceremony/baby dedication. I was then invited by the fellow who is usually in the meeting hall to come back and sing. I did. And everyone stood when I began the Star Spangled Banner! It got very dusty for a few minutes let me tell you! I don’t know how much I can afford to do, reenactment wise, but I think I am just gonna have to budget! I’m bitten, and happy for the infection!

And I thought @Belle Montgomery and I were the only ones not attached to a unit! :D
I think it's AWESOME when ladies have an impression other than the typical "walking around in a hoop skirt" or nurse, laundress, etc.

That's awesome that you've been bitten by the reenacting bug! This is only my 2nd year re-enacting (only attended 2 events last year) and this year, I'm WAY more into it!!

Keep up the good work, my friend! Maybe I'll see you at an event someday :smile:

Back