Official Thread CWT Muster "Bloody Shiloh" Sept 25 - 27, 2020

UCVRelics

Brevet Brigadier General
Forum Host
Gold Patron
Regtl. Quartermaster Shiloh 2020
Asst. Regtl. Quartermaster Antietam 2021
Regtl. Quartermaster Stones River / Franklin 2022
If you're interested in going to this event, please RSVP in the module at the top of the thread! Get your RSVP in before September 10th!

We would like to invite you to join us for the CWT Muster, to be held at Shiloh Tn. September 25th thru 27th, 2020. We have an AWESOME weekend planned that includes a CW weapons firing where member will actually be able load and shoot Cannon, Muskets and Pistols. Plus, We have a GREAT Team put together that includes myself @Ole Miss @16th Alabama @DixieRifles and @redbob The itinerary will be posted below!

Also, as we have done before, we want to get our member involved. If you had relatives who fought at Shiloh we would all love to hear their story while we tour the park. We will be planning some side trips but those will be posted and planned in a separate thread. “Fall Muster Shiloh Side Trips” so as not to clog up the main trip thread. We look forward to see all that can make it and if you have any questions please feel free to let us know.

CivilWarTalk
Fall Muster September 25th - 27th, 2020
“Bloody Shiloh”

itinerary

UPDATE 08/23/2020
We had our final planning meeting yesterday and everything is shaping up to be a Great Muster. There have been a few small changes and the schedule reflects them. Due to social distancing we have moved a few of the presentaions outside to the Shiloh NMP. Everyone will receive mask and hand sanitizer (in order to meet state and federal requirements) along with ear plugs and safty googles for the weapons firing.

***NOTE: All side trips and planning for them with be posted in a separate Thread "Shiloh Side Trips” so as not to clog up the “Official” thread. We are looking at Iuka and of course Brice’s Crossroads and a few other spots.

Thursday September 24th: (Early Arrivals Optional)

Check In 1:00pm Side Trip. Relic Hunt on a special location where Gen Bragg's Division was.

AM Friday. September 25th (optional)​

Morning Side Trip. Brice’s Crossroads. Led by Rusk County Avengers

PM Friday. September 26th.
(Regular Arrivals)

12:00 pm: Official Kickoff: CWT Spring Muster. Gather in the War Room.

12:30 pm: Visit railroad crossing in Corinth for a short presentation by 16th Al on why the Battle of Shiloh was fought.

1:00 pm: Corinth Gun Club. Presentation by Tom Moss owner of the Mason Dixon Line museum. Civil War Weapons Live Fire (blanks) Members will have the opportunity to load and fire CW replica Cannon, Muskets and Pistols.

3:30 pm: Shiloh NMP visitors center and National Cemetery presentation by OleMiss.
Park video will be shown in the war room Sat due to social distancing and time.

7:00 ish: Hagy’s Catfish Hotel for drinks and dinner.

Saturday. September 27th

Saturday: 7:00 am. Breakfast in our CWT War Room. Shiloh NMP Video and the day’s itinerary.

8:00 am. Shiloh NMP All Day. We will be doing all 19 major tour stops and below are the member presentations. Stops 1 – 9 in the morning and 10 – 19 in the afternoon

Presentation: Mr. DeBerry, The battle begins.

Presentation: OleMiss Confederate burial trench.

Presentation: Shiloh Artillery. Ruggle's Battery RedBob will have a display of Shiloh shells and some from the guns used in the battle and OleMiss and RedBob will discuss the artillery at Shiloh.

1:00 pm. Box Lunch at the picnic area. Give out tickets for drawing.

2:00 pm. till Dark. Shiloh NMP to include the Fallen Timbers area.

Presentation: 16th​ Ala Fraley Field, The CS approach.

Presentation: UCVRelics, The Sunken Road, with special handout.

Presentation: Lelliott19, CS Hospitals & Medical

Presentation: DixieRifles, The fight at the Fallen Timbers.

7:00 pm. Gather in CWT War Room.

7:30 pm. Members Dinner. Taylor's restaurant.

Sunday September 27th.
7:00 am: Gather in our CWT War Room for breakfast.

Presentation

8:00 am: Brock & Dujanna Thompson Gish Hill house Gen Johnston’s HQ

9:30 am: Corinth Interpretive Center and Battle of Corinth.

Presentation by ranger TomP

1:00 pm: Return to hotel, say our Goodbyes, checkout and go home.

Sunday Afternoon Side Trip

1:00 pm Crossroads Museum Corinth.

host hotel: hampton inn
2107 Highway 72 West, Corinth, MS 38834

Room Rate: $109.00 per night and if you have any other type discount AARP, Military, Veteran etc. they will honor that as well. Includes Free Breakfast each morning, Free WI-FI and parking are included.

RESERVATION Methods: For reservations call 1 662-286-5949 Reservations must be received by September 15, 2020 thereafter, reservations will be taken on a space available basis only at our rack rate of $125.00

PLEASE NOTE:
You will have to call them to book your room at the discount ...
Be sure to tell them your with the CivilWarTalk group!
662-286-5949

GUARANTEE & PAYMENT: Individual credit cards are required when making reservations.

CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancel 48 hours prior to arrival to avoid charges to credit card.

We have a room block of 20 rooms for September 25-27, 2020. We have it setup with a 48-hour cancellation so that you can book early to lock in your room and if something happens you can cancel at no cost.

ALL ROOMS BOOKED AFTER September 15th 2020 WILL BE BOOKED AT $125.00 per night. So, Book Your Room Early. If you are coming in early and or staying later, you will still get the $109 a night discount.

Links:

Hotel: Hampton Inn Corinth, Ms.

RV Park:

Corinth Gun Range & RV Park. corinthgunclubrvpark.business.site
just for @archieclement

Restaurants:

Hagy’s Catfish Hotel. www.catfishhotel.com
Dinner Bell. www.dinnerbellcorinth.com

Parks:

Last edited:
I know it's a day late but if you will still allow late notifications, I will be able to join you all at Shiloh.
I just sent you a PM asking if y'all were coming. Will Jody be in tow? Will add you to the Shiloh PM.

I'm playing a gig 🎻near Nashville Friday night but I'm planning on driving down there Saturday morning and spending the day. So if you see some weirdo stalking you in a gold Ford C-Max, don't shoot, it's just me. I'm looking forward to meeting you in person and seeing the faces behind the avatars. Something tells me you don't all look like grisly Civil War commanders except for maybe @ucvrelics :sneaky:. See you soon!

I'm playing a gig 🎻near Nashville Friday night but I'm planning on driving down there Saturday morning and spending the day. So if you see some weirdo stalking you in a gold Ford C-Max, don't shoot, it's just me. I'm looking forward to meeting you in person and seeing the faces behind the avatars. Something tells me you don't all look like grisly Civil War commanders except for maybe @ucvrelics :sneaky:. See you soon!
I will PM you my cell# so you can call and get our location when you arrive. See you Sat.

Bobby I expect we will be at the largest CBT as it is off the road and has plenty of parking spaces along with a Union Burial Trench adjacent.
Regards
David
Is that the rarely seen one?

DSC06129.JPG

Bobby I expect we will be at the largest CBT as it is off the road and has plenty of parking spaces along with a Union Burial Trench adjacent.
Regards
David
1600450201684.png

Bobby this the largest and is very easily seen. There are 2 that are rarely seen and they are #22 and #24.
Regards
David

Bobby this the largest and is very easily seen. There are 2 that are rarely seen and they are #22 and #24.
Regards
David
Pulling out my Trailhead Graphics map when I get home. Looks like me and Rick will be spending Thursday morning at Shiloh going off-road/off-trail.

The Confederate Burial Trenches are easy to find.
1) The smallest one #21 is adjacent to Cavalry Road.
2) Continuing on Cavalry Road which Turns into Sherman Road, CBT #22 is clearly marked on the right side (West) of the road.
3) The largest CBT #23 is easily found with plenty of parking.
4) Continuing South along Sherman Road, passing Shiloh Church you will turn left onto Peabody Road and park at the Mississippi State Monument. Going up the clearly marked path you will find CBT #24 and next to it the temporay Burial Trench of the 43rd Illinois.
5) Returning to the Mississippi Monument and going across the road follow the path to CBT #25
Regards
David
PS Cannon balls 3' apart
CBT #21

CBT #22
1600468063778.png

CBT #23
James N. posted a photo above
CBT #24
1600468921079.png

CBT#25
1600468298721.png

1600468745795.png

I just finished the Blue & Gray Magazine issue on Brice's Crossroads. It was written by Ed Bearss. The article and maps are very good. Bringing the magazine with me on this trip. Even more excited about that battlefield visit. After seeing Rusk County Avengers' post about them being happy that we're coming, I am really feeling good about this side trip.

I just finished the Blue & Gray Magazine issue on Brice's Crossroads. It was written by Ed Bearss. The article and maps are very good. Bringing the magazine with me on this trip. Even more excited about that battlefield visit. After seeing Rusk County Avengers' post about them being happy that we're coming, I am really feeling good about this side trip.

My side trips are the best side trips.

With Ed Bearss passing on, I reckon I'll need to get that copy of B&G in the near future. If they still got any, which I'm sure just became more valuable.

Back