Officers of 8th New Jersey

What I meant is that Mrs. Ramsey was not even given a name. This is the sort of thing that make researching women difficult; little Nellie had two parents--she didn't (like Athena) spring fully clad from her father's head!
I actually have in my family tree daughters whose first name is "husband's name John" because the obituary only said "survived by his daughter, Mrs John Smith."

I actually have in my family tree daughters whose first name is "husband's name John" because the obituary only said "survived by his daughter, Mrs John Smith."
Boy, that's tough to trace. One of my colleagues reported a tombstone that read "Mrs. John Smith". The ultimate insult. 😡

What I meant is that Mrs. Ramsey was not even given a name. This is the sort of thing that make researching women difficult; little Nellie had two parents--she didn't (like Athena) spring fully clad from her father's head!
Unfortunately that was quite common for the time period. It's driven me nuts on occasion when researching family geneaology.

Back