November 5 National Doughnut Day

At the local historical society's barn sale in October, someone made apple cider doughnuts. They were wonderful! Because I don't know who made them, I don't have a recipe (nor do I know if they were traditional or modern)--but they sure were good.

I love the plain cake donuts, or old fashioned as some call them. They taste the best to me. The least sugar too. The Gateway Grizzlies a baseball team in the Frontier League were among the first to serve a burger on a donut. At GCS Credit Union Ballpark, you can get what they Baseball’s Best Burger features a thick hamburger, 2 slices of bacon and a slice of sharp cheddar cheese, sandwiched in between a Krispy Kreme donut. The famous burger has been around since 2006 and has been a huge fan favorite over the years. The team plays just across the river from St. Louis in Southern Illinois. They also served the Caramelized Onion Jam and Bacon Dog. This 12 inch gilled hot dog is coated with caramelized onion jam and garnished with crispy bacon. At least no hot dogs on donuts yet.

Last edited:
Back