CheatamHillJ_zpsmmelsyuq.jpg

johan_steele_zpsqgmfxe4l.jpg

farawayfriend_zps01fdatj2.jpg

JamesN_zps2mpgbq2m.jpg

PeterT_zps9xd16482.jpg

warhorse_zpsfpws5vyu.jpg

seduzal_zpsgh3spnw5.jpg

Gettmore_zpsibzx8r26.jpg

For more information on these photos; http://civilwartalk.com/threads/november-2016-potm-now-accepting-entries.127692/

Last edited:
There is a missing "close bracket" after the first "img" for No. 12.

JamesN_zps2mpgbq2m.jpg]

Last edited:
I had never heard of this type of horse before. The only Medicine Hat I have heard of was the city in Alberta. Of course I "googled" it and found some interesting things about them!
https://asci.uvm.edu/equine/law/articles/031_medicine.htm
There's a children's book by Marguerite Henry, "San Domingo the Medicine Hat Stallion," which is how I knew what they were. It's about a Pony Express rider. It was made into a terrible made for TV movie starring Leif Garrett and renamed "Peter Lundy and the Medicine Hat Stallion." There's even a Breyer Horse based on San Domingo. Anyway, this horse looks like he could have walked off the cover of the book.

I tried to copy and edit the URL for photo # 12, but it didn't work (situation normal for me). Click on the link @ami put after photo #15, and you'll see the original submission. The photo is definitely worthy of consideration! I hope it gets corrected soon!

Last edited:
I'm sorry guys. I scheduled this to post today (over a week ago) and didn't get a check to stop back and make sure it looked ok today :frown:

It's gonna be a cliffhanger, folks! Every time I look through the candidates I pick a different one! I finally settled on the one that was my choice the first time through! So many wonderful photos--it's no wonder there is no real leader! Can we just finish the year by picking all the photos entered this month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back