Not so new but never introduced

Hey all, I've been on for a couple of months but I never saw the Meet and Greet area before, so I'll introduce myself... my name is Dee, I live in PA but hail from NY. I'm a history buff and reenactor with an artillery group. I'm have a family, work FT, go to school FT, and I am also in the Air NG. Busy, busy. I'd like to get into Living history because I like being particular about portraying the CW but a lot in my group are not so fussy. All I need is that 8th day.
So, I'll say hey all and hope to be on here more than I seem to right now.

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

ewc

Sergeant
Welcome Dee, glad to have you aboard. And my, but you are a busy one. Once you come across the secret of the 8th Day, I trust you will share it with your good buddies here at cwt. :smile: regards, ed

my user name is gaelic for 'fire girl'; as I have yet to perfect the language I'll not butcher it although the book I got it from led me to pronounce it (teen-ca-leen). :shrug:

johan_steele

Regimental Armorer
Welcome to the site, spent 7 years Active duty & Active AF Reserve so I understand where you are coming from w/ being busy. Living History is a truly rewarding experiance. It allows me to better understand the mindset of the soldier of the 19th century and it allows my wife to better understand my passion and the actions and daily life of her own ancestors... I hope that makes sense. Regardless welcome.

william42

First Sergeant
Welcome Dee. You'll find lots to read on this board, on just about every subject. Hope to see you do some posting. Lots of info sharing going on about the Civil War. So, I'm guessing you're Irish? I know I'm goin' out on a limb here. :smile:

Terry

Welcome from a 22 year AF veteran (12 Active, 10 Reserve and just signed up for another six). This is the best place to discuss al things CW.

BTW, since you have chosen a gaelic username, the correct greeting to you should be "Caed Meile Failte", or 100,000 welcomes.

Cpl Lewis - We are usually Purcell's Artillery but we sometimes do Campbell's Battery;
PS: I'm originally from upstate NY (Newark Valley) and near where you hail from - weird eh.
And thanks to all for the warm welcome

gary

Captain
Welcome firegirl and thank you for the lesson in gaelic. Embarassingly enough, the only other gaelic I know was taught to me by an Irishwoman (from the ole country) and isn't suitable for this website. You are certainly a busy person with the Air Force (thank you guys for zapping Al-zee, may he rest in peace in Paradise Pig Ranch with his 72 virgin pigs feasting on him), going to school full time and spending your "free" time with a CW Artillery unit.

Gaelic and a New Yorker!!!

:cannon: From a fellow New Yorker and a proud ancestry from Ireland; let me give you a warm welcome to this "Brigadoon". I think you will find this bunch here quite interesting if not intoxicating.

ole

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Retired Moderator
Dee:
Can't come close to what has been posted in welcome. So I'll just be boring and and wish for you that the road rises to meet you. Party on!
Ole

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!