North Carolina Troops Reenactors.

JD Mayo

Retired User
Hey guy's looks like a rev war unit is out of the question for right now about reenacting. So now I am looking possibly to join a local unit around my town. I use to be with the 37th North Carolina Company B (Iron Grays Mess). I love the hobby and miss it. I am looking to join for a unit that is more mainstream and not so campaign/hardcore. Looking for somebody local to join. I am in Greensboro NC. Looking at 30th North Carolina Infantry a unit one of my ancestors was in.

Thanks
JD

I am looking to join for a unit that is more mainstream and not so campaign/hardcore.

According to the hardcores one never leaves for the mainstream!

I wish I could point you the right direction, but as a Texas reenactor who's never reenacted in that neck of the woods I can't be of much help. Here's to you finding a unit you like!

Hey guy's looks like a rev war unit is out of the question for right now about reenacting. So now I am looking possibly to join a local unit around my town. I use to be with the 37th North Carolina Company B (Iron Grays Mess). I love the hobby and miss it. I am looking to join for a unit that is more mainstream and not so campaign/hardcore. Looking for somebody local to join. I am in Greensboro NC. Looking at 30th North Carolina Infantry a unit one of my ancestors was in.

Thanks
JD
I think the 30th Co K is still around. It's a mainstream family unit. Here's a link to their site-

Now if you want to stop shooting blanks, there's the North South Skirmish Association. We shoot Civil War arms in live fire competition including artillery. Yup, we shoot cannon and mortars with live ammo. I used to reenact, but live fire is way more fun.

I think the 30th Co K is still around. It's a mainstream family unit. Here's a link to their site-

Now if you want to stop shooting blanks, there's the North South Skirmish Association. We shoot Civil War arms in live fire competition including artillery. Yup, we shoot cannon and mortars with live ammo. I used to reenact, but live fire is way more fun.

I did I emailed them. The campaigners I did that for 18 years. My unit use to be mainstream but then they left to do their own mess. We use to be part of that unit's regiment before they all split up. I only stoped was cause I moved to Greensboro from Boone and now working on film projects etc.

Last edited:
I did I emailed them. The campaigners I did that for 18 years. My unit use to be mainstream but then they left to do their own mess. We use to be part of that unit's regiment before they all split up. I only stoped was cause I moved to Greensboro from Boone and now working on film projects etc.

Most of the folks I knew in the 30th back when I was reenacting were great people. I was just in another unit. Now if you want to try some live fire, I can hook you right up.

Back