NF North And South Magazine

Non-Fiction

David H.

Private
Has anyone seen the 2nd volume of the new North and South Magazine in the book stores? The first volume of the re-introduced magazine came out in May. It is to be published every other month so the next edition should have been out in July. I have looked in Barnes and Noble on a regular basis, and still no magazine. The edition should have an article on Longstreet by the author of the new book on him.

Any one know what is going on?

Has anyone seen the 2nd volume of the new North and South Magazine in the book stores? The first volume of the re-introduced magazine came out in May. It is to be published every other month so the next edition should have been out in July. I have looked in Barnes and Noble on a regular basis, and still no magazine. The edition should have an article on Longstreet by the author of the new book on him.

Any one know what is going on?
I've observed the same thing. I hate to be a skeptic but in light of Poulter's track record this doesn't look good.

I understand the 2nd edition should be out in the first week of September
I still haven't seen it in any stores. Given what happened on the first go-round this seems to be a possible "supply" issue, which would raise a few flags. I saw a post in another forum in which the poster said he had spoken with Poulter and was assured that things would be different this time because now it's being operated as a "not-for-profit". That seems to be a literal (and not very incentivizing) meaning instead of good corporate structure analysis. The other oddity is the bizarre 8-month option for subscriptions The website also liberally uses advertising blurbs from its first iiteration which were generated more than a decade ago.

I saw the original restart magazine and it is to stay on the magazine rack until September so I assume a new issue might be coming out in September.

There's another thread about this here somewhere. I posted at some length about this there.

I lost $20,000 invested in the original venture that was run into the ground by the rank incompetence of Keith Poulter. Edited I have no reason to believe that this current incarnation, run improperly as a non-for-profit, will succeed. Proceed at your peril. And be very careful about subscribing--lots of people got hit up for advance subscriptions and then got stuck holding the bag when version 1.0 tanked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back