New Video Game — "Gettysburg: The Tide Turns"

skb8721

Corporal
I bought the new video game (released a week ago or so) called "Gettysburg: The Tide Turns". I like it very much, but at first it had some bugs in it. These seem to have been fixed and now it plays wonderfully. It's a pretty basic game, but I much prefer this sort of game to one so complicated you can't figure it out.

Below is a screen shot from a Day 1 scenario that I played today: I was the Union, and despite my nice defensive line in the image, I lost! (I had the difficulty level on intermediate.) Anyway, it's a good game, I like it, and it can help players to learn about the various leaders and place names, and where the latter were in relation to each other. One odd thing: the map is sideways (north is on the left side of the page, south is on the right); I'd prefer it wasn't that way, but I guess that was done to fit more map onto the screen. (Yes, I photographed the screen of my PC with a cell phone, only to be reminded by my 12-year-old son that I could have just taken a screen grab by hitting Shift + Print Scrn and gotten better quality! :D)

FullSizeRender (26).jpg

I saw this and was wondering about picking it up. I've been putting some more time into Ultimate General Civil War recently. I remember playing another Gettysburg game in the mid 90s, prior to Sid Meyers Gettysburg and it occupied quite a bit of my time. Wish I could remember which game it was, there's been a lot that have come out since then.

Back