new to the forum, not to reenacting

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

cpl_lewis

Cadet
Hello everyone! AS i said i'm new to the forum, but i've been reenacting for about 4 years. For the first 2 yrs I portrayed a woman ( dresses and all) and since I turned 16 ive been on the cannon crew. Our unit has quite a few reenactors and our major (Robert Baily) is well known amongst reenactors. He has been safety coordinator for MANY reenactments including cedar...... Our unit is one of the premier units in the northeast..... we now have (i believe) 6 prairie howitzers, 2 3in ordinance rifles and a couple more on the way!! I'd love to know more people ionvolved so dont hesitate to contact me!!

hoosier

1st Lieutenant
Forum Host
Yo, Mike! Artillery re-enactor alert!

Corporal, welcome to CivilWarTalk. I'm particularly happy to see that you've jumped right into the trivia game.

Our webmaster, Mike Kendra, is very active in an artillery re-enacting unit, so I'm sure he'll be happy once he finds out that you're interested in the same.

gary

Captain
Welcome to the forum Corporal Lewis. Glad to have a cannoneer here. That's quite a battery youse guys serve and the #s are very impressive. By Corn-fed standards, that's two batteries. Now, do you have the hoss' for them or do you drag them with rope like a soljer?

cpl_lewis

Cadet
actually, sergeant, we pull them by hand without horses or using the prolonge (the rope). It can be tedious. . . . esp. at places like cedar creek( if you've ever been there) but its fun no less

cpl_lewis

Cadet
thank you for the link........ always interested in finding out about new people..... im not sure but i might have run into them at cedar creek last year.... thanks for the welcome and ill see you around the forum!!

johan_steele

Regimental Armorer
Retired Moderator
Cpl, I believe Scott's battery has two original 3" Ordinance Rifles, a 10lbs parrot and another gun. Though I don't recall all of the specifics. Here is a picture... you don't get much better than an original.

cpl_lewis

Cadet
aint that the truth........... our barrels were made in the original cast molds......... still not as great as the originals though......... their color green is a little off though...