NF New Regimental History on the 10th Mississippi Infantry - Chalmers' "High Pressure" brigade

Non-Fiction

Championhilz

First Sergeant
Forum Host
I'm happy to say that my friend Paulette Hunt French has just published her regimental history on the 10th Mississippi Infantry. The 10th Mississippi was part of Chalmers' "High Pressure" brigade, and one of the hardest fighting units sent out by the Magnolia State during the Civil War. The book is hardback, 233 pages, and includes a roster of men that served in the regiment. The price is 29.95, and can be ordered from Paulette by contacting her at: [email protected]

Expired Image Removed
Expired Image Removed

It's hard keeping track of new releases and I appreciate your posting this Championhilz.

Thanks for posting. I remember @7th Mississippi Infantry once mentioned that a brigade history of the High Pressure Brigade was also in the works. Piecing together the actions of this brigade from various battle and campaign histories, its surprising it is not more widely known; they seemed to have been in the thick of pretty much ever major battle with the AoT.

Do you know why they were called "High Pressure Brigade"?--maybe a dumb question, but anyway.
Actually I’m not 100% sure about the origin of the name High Pressure Brigade.
It seems this moniker appears after the 1862 Battle at Munfordville, Kentucky.

From the 7th Mississippi website:

"From time to time on this website you will see the term "The High Pressure Brigade". It is a term often used in narratives about the Brigade of which the 7th Mississippi was a part. General James Patton Anderson's Brigade, which consisted of the 7th, 9th, 10th and 41st Mississippi regiments as well as the 9th Mississippi Battalion Sharpshooters and Garrity's (Alabama) Battery is believed to have earned this name during the Battle of Munfordville, Kentucky.

http://www.7miss.org

Last edited:
By the way, still no news on how the progress on the brigade history is going.
I'm afraid not.

I will be the first one to share any news.

In all honesty, they went to "Facebook" a long time ago.
And as I'm not "on" Facebook, I've been out of the loop.

But when (if) they publish a new work, I'll hear about via other platforms.

And will let everyone know.

Last edited:
Back