New recruit from Alabama

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

scone

Sergeant Major
Tennessee - From the "The City Between The Lakes"
I signed up with this outfit just yesterday and received a warm welcome from the commander (i.e Webmaster) in my email today. I didn't spend any time lurking as I only found about you folks a short time before I joined. I joined primarily in order to learn more as I've found that I can't possibly read all the books I would like to read concerning the War in spite of all the reading I do. Once I get comfortable with the forum, I will likely share some of what I've learned. .
Lot off good folks out there .. Enjoy and learn … If I can travel 11- 12 hrs to a event in Motor Mill , Iowa @johan_steele and have a blast … and be The Lone Rebel … That event it is in the top 5 I ever been to

Robtweb1

2nd Lieutenant
Forum Host
Retired Moderator
Civil War Photo Contest
Annual Winner
I signed up with this outfit just yesterday and received a warm welcome from the commander (i.e Webmaster) in my email today. I didn't spend any time lurking as I only found about you folks a short time before I joined. I joined primarily in order to learn more as I've found that I can't possibly read all the books I would like to read concerning the War in spite of all the reading I do. Once I get comfortable with the forum, I will likely share some of what I've learned. Just a brief bit about myself. I am retired and have been for many years. I have been interested in history since my grammar school years and since retiring I've been able to devote more time on my hobbies which include among others, the study of history and my family tree. I also enjoy visiting the battlefields administered by the Nat. Park Svc. and various State governments. Historical, biographical and autobiographical books form the major part of my library. In very recent years I have become much more interested in reading about Colonial America and the Revolutionary War and the period of our country during the mid 1800s leading up to the Civil War/War for Southern Independance and the War itself. Because of my interest in the history of my family and what I've learned in my studies of it, I have been able to join the Sons of the American Revolution and the Sons of Confederate Veterans. I could probably join the Yankee counterpart to the SCV as I have ancestors who fought for the Northern side as well. But there are no chapters in that club where I live. I saw my first reenactment recently which was the Battle of Fort Blakely that occurred near Mobile, AL.
Welcome from West Tennessee

GS

Retired User
Welcome,:wavespin: also from Alabama! You are wise to look at the Revolutionary War era in the context of the Civil War. I did so too, and even traveled to Wales to get a clearer image of who these ancestors were, before writing my own forefather's Civil War saga (see my signature below).

James N.

Lt. Colonel
Forum Host
Civil War Photo Contest
Annual Winner
Featured Book Reviewer
Welcome to the forums from the host of the Stonewall Jackson Forum!

sailorjoe

Private
Hello and welcome to CivilWarTalk from New Zealand - I hope you will enjoy it here :smile:
Thanks for the welcome to this old sailor. I noticed where your home port is and wondered if you are an expatriate Yank or a Kiwi.

USS ALASKA

1st Lieutenant
Forum Host
Welcome from the Railroads & Steam Locomotives forum!

Cheers and Enjoy!
USS ALASKA