New Railroads & Steam Locomotives Forum Host

USS ALASKA

Captain
1554115813667.png

https://www.american-rails.com/images/WAGENCHAT.jpg

Fellow Posters and 'Ferro-Equine' enthusiasts:

I would like to thank Mike and Ami for allowing me to serve as host of the Railroads & Steam Locomotives Forum. This entire board has taught me so much about this time period that a simple 'Thanks' seems grossly inadequate.

Jimklag has served as Forum Host for the last few years, and did well to get this forum off the ground. I am not even close to the level of knowledge that quite a few regular posters have. Hopefully I can make up for that with some, (at times 'over-the-top'), passion and exuberance. I wish all to freely post here - not just about the railroads but any transportation and logistics topics and questions. I am looking forward to learning a great deal more and hope that others can find something of interest. And of course, I wish all to enjoy and have fun.

Thank you for giving me this wonderful opportunity!
USS ALASKA

Sir!?! No need for physicality - I sell it! 10 Confederate dollars. I'll donate 9 to the CWT website and keep one as my 10% finders fee... :sneaky:

Cheers,
USS ALASKA
I'll have to go out to the old family place near Toadvine Al, find the old family place and the oak tree where great granddad, buried that tin can with his CSA money in it on the mossy side.

Last edited:
View attachment 300100
https://www.american-rails.com/images/WAGENCHAT.jpg

Fellow Posters and 'Ferro-Equine' enthusiasts:

I would like to thank Mike and Ami for allowing me to serve as host of the Railroads & Steam Locomotives Forum. This entire board has taught me so much about this time period that a simple 'Thanks' seems grossly inadequate.

Jimklag has served as Forum Host for the last few years, and did well to get this forum off the ground. I am not even close to the level of knowledge that quite a few regular posters have. Hopefully I can make up for that with some, (at times 'over-the-top'), passion and exuberance. I wish all to freely post here - not just about the railroads but any transportation and logistics topics and questions. I am looking forward to learning a great deal more and hope that others can find something of interest. And of course, I wish all to enjoy and have fun.

Thank you for giving me this wonderful opportunity!
USS ALASKA
Awesome picture, such a beautiful train! My father had a business manufacturing HO model railroad trains, etc. and he was considered a master craftsman at his trade. The General has always been my most favorite train and before he passed he gave me a 1970's HO scale General, which I cherish!

Back