New Podcast: Uncovering the Civil War

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

Pat Young

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Featured Book Reviewer
Edited. Mods will move threads if necessary - Ami

There is a new podcast series out called Uncovering the Civil War. The host is someone I had not heard of before, but some of the guests are well-known. I have not listened to all the podcasts but the one featuring ERIC FONER was good.

https://uncoveringthecivilwar.com/upcoming-podcasts/

Last edited by a moderator:

Jamieva

1st Lieutenant
I found this one somehow early on when he started. I have no idea who he is either but he does a good job in his interviews. He just had his season 1 ender in the last 2 weeks. He had a really good guest list too

Pat Young

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Featured Book Reviewer
I found this one somehow early on when he started. I have no idea who he is either but he does a good job in his interviews. He just had his season 1 ender in the last 2 weeks. He had a really good guest list too
I have only listened to the Foner interview, so I don't yet have an opinion. He does have a good guest list though.

Pat Young

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Featured Book Reviewer
As I mentioned, I have only listened to the Reconstruction episode so far. It is an interview with ERIC Foner. Foner is quite good in it. The host is a little clunky in his style and his questions include mistakes of fact. I don’t know if this is a general problem for the host or if Reconstruction is less familiar to him than other topics.

I do give him points for having two Reconstruction episodes in the podcast’s first season.

Pat Young

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Featured Book Reviewer
The next episode I listened to is an interview with Dr. Don Doyle, Professor of History at the University of South Carolina. He is the author of The Cause of All Nations: An International History of the American Civil War. Doyle discusses "soft diplomacy" during the Civil War by the Union and Confederates. This is another good program:

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/uncovering-the-civil-war/e/52226392

dlavin

First Sergeant
I thought the episode with Foner was excellent. I am listening to the episode about weaponry with guest Jim Burgess from Manassas NP, very informative.

I tried to listen to a wrap up show and stopped listening. I find the audio a bit scratchy and I'm not sold on the host.