SIM Game New PC game: Grand Tactician: The Civil War

Updated two days ago: video documentary / re-enactment footage to introduce each “chapter” or point from which the player can start. The first starting point is before the historical beginning of hostilities so there seems to be substantial room for “what if?” from the get-go.

This is like how I remember waiting for Christmas as a kid...

Just watched a first look video, starting the spring 1861 campaign. And holy cow, it looks awesome!

When you choose which side you want to play, you can choose 3 policies. They'll help your politics throughout the game. You can check for how it was historically, you can check for random choice or you can select your own choice. The policies are along the lines of "Old Dominion" which'll ensure that Virginia joins the Confederacy, "Kansas Free State"/"Kansas Slave State", "Underground Railroad" and various others.

Now I wish I was on vacation and had time to already play it. Alas, vacation isn't until October... *sighs*.

This game, though released, is still an "early release" version.
Though I'm waiting for the release of the final version, I do check the Steam community threads periodically to see how it's coming.
Very impressively I'd say. The devs are just fantastic which is so rare in gaming. They interact with the community, read the bug reports daily, and have put out several patches.
Below is a sample discussion about just one problem. (note the developer jumps into the conversation!)

Here is the parent link to the steam discussion board if you want to see for yourself where it's at: https://steamcommunity.com/app/654890/discussions/

I'm excited- this is what waiting patiently is all about. :dog:

Annotation 2020-09-04 164731.png

Annotation 2020-09-04 164731a.png

Annotation 2020-09-04 164731b.png

Back