Monuments New Mississippi Monument at Shiloh

Here are a few images from my Cannon. Not much better---I had a smudge on my lens which produced a cloud in center of lens.

MissMon_7781-FB.jpg

This is a close-up of the back(South) side of the Monument. The Infantry units are listed on the left and the Artillery and Cavalry are off the image to the right.

MissMon_7775-B-back.jpg

Thanks. This was the first time I uploaded to the Forum directly from my iPhone. It looked correct when I clicked insert into thread and then it rotated.

I will post some better quality photos from my camera after I download and edit the images.
I have had that happen as well. Not sure why it looks ok in the preview but posts sideways.

Here are a few images from my Cannon. Not much better---I had a smudge on my lens which produced a cloud in center of lens.

View attachment 81882

This is a close-up of the back(South) side of the Monument. The Infantry units are listed on the left and the Artillery and Cavalry are off the image to the right.

View attachment 81883
So you were in the 22nd MS Infantry? Outstanding!

So happy to see this thread bumped with some additional information. I've never been to a monument unveiling before and even though this thread is over 3 years old it made me feel like I was there. Fantastic monument, not sure if it will beat the Mississippi monument at Gettysburg for me though ...

Thanks for sharing.

The inscriptions give me chills. "...never before did I gaze so earnestly mentally into that dark unknown world. " Grappling with all their worst moments during the war certainly resulted in evocative writing. This is where history, carved in stone can be awfully important ( and I swear that isn't a political statement ), to understand those who were there.

Back