Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

catspjamas

First Sergeant
Hello everyone! I've just found and joined this site, and am looking forward to interesting conversations. I've been re-enacting for over a year now and love it. I'm a nurse with Alexander's Battalion Field Hospital. Our website is www.alexandersbattalionfieldhospital.com
We're located in NC. I'm still learning things, so if anyone has any suggestions for reading material, I'd appreciate it. I'm especially looking for 19th century medicine and herbal medicine. I've pretty much picked my local library clean.

Cats

johan_steele

Regimental Armorer
Retired Moderator
Welcome, you will find some of your questions answered here I think. One of the first things I've noted in my own research is how few people today realize how common the practice of chewing on willow bark (asprin) was.

hoosier

1st Lieutenant
Forum Host
Welcome to the group, catspjamas.

Sooner or later, you'll want to hook up with Blue Zouave here on the board. She shares your interests in Civil War medicine and hospital procedures.

Rad2duhbone53

Corporal
welcome

From one medical person to another........welcome to our world. I myself am interested in 19th century medicine.Someday we can talk shop through the private message option available here.:thumbsup: