Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

Cavalier

Private
@Lubliner. Thank you very much. That is probably the one. The year would be about correct. My aunt would give me a book and a box of Britain's toy soldiers for every occasion, birthday, Christmas, etc. I had to read the book before I could play with the soldiers. It was their way of teaching me to be interested in reading as a child and it worked. Thanks again!

Cavalier

Private
@Clause Bauer. It's great living here. I lived on the West coast and when I got drafted I was stationed at a now closed army post near Thurmond Md. I would hitch hike to Gettysburg and walk around the battlefield every chance I got. There is so much civil war history here and I can't enough. I was always interested in civil war battles especially Gettysburg, so I was fortunate to spend my army time where I did. Thanks for commenting.

Waterloo50

Major
Forum Host
Silver Patron
All Hands: Hello from Baltimore Md., (actually the suburbs now). Looking forward to being part of the fascinating discussions you have here. Been keenly interested in civil war battle topics since I was 10 years old when I was given a book titled "The Boys Own Story of the Battle of Gettysburg", (if I remember the exact title correctly). Sadly my computer skills are almost non existant however.
Hello Cavalier (cool user name by the way) welcome to Civil War Talk.

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!