Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

Belle Montgomery

Sergeant Major
Hello folks. My name is Hilton and I am from S.W. Georgia. Both sides of my family served in the War Between the States and their involvement has always piqued my interest. I thouroughly enjoy that history and have enjoined others in bringing that history forward to inspire others to explore their family heritage. I intend to work my way into period correct re-enactments; although, at present I know absolutely nothing except through adventures via the internet. The group I am in are very serious about our intent but we actually know of no one local that can help us. We have gotten a cannon and I have the duty to research the clothing and weapons. This adventure is probably going to be expensive but we are dedicated to this purpose. I have been an avid reloaded for 40 years but black powder is new to me in as far I do have a few pieces but question their acceptance and quality. If anyone can “point me in the right direction” I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you - Hilton
Welcome! There is a reenactor's forum here and a few groups on Facebook for reenactment advice as well as things for sale. If there are any reenactments that you can attend you can ask people there, although some are nicer than others. Don't get discouraged because there are a lot of us willing to help get more involved in the hobby you need to see out. Just ask! :thumbsup:

Hilton

Cadet
Welcome! There is a reenactor's forum here and a few groups on Facebook for reenactment advice as well as things for sale. If there are any reenactments that you can attend you can ask people there, although some are nicer than others. Don't get discouraged because there are a lot of us willing to help get more involved in the hobby you need to see out. Just ask! :thumbsup:
Thank you for reaching out to me. I both need and want to get information on attending re-enactments, however I have not had any luck in finding such events. My home here in S.W. is an extremely rural area and there are no re-enactments anywhere close to me but I have just started this “project” and intend to visit various civil war groups around here. Again, thank you and know that I will seek your advice in the effort to establish re-enactmenting is this part of the country.

WJC

Brigadier General
Thread Medic
Answered the Call for Reinforcements
Welcome! Looking forward to your perspectives in our discussions! Enjoy!

Belle Montgomery

Sergeant Major
Thank you for reaching out to me. I both need and want to get information on attending re-enactments, however I have not had any luck in finding such events. My home here in S.W. is an extremely rural area and there are no re-enactments anywhere close to me but I have just started this “project” and intend to visit various civil war groups around here. Again, thank you and know that I will seek your advice in the effort to establish re-enactmenting is this part of the country.
I'm sure you are aware of all of the YouTube videos, including ones on artillery, just keep watching until you pick up advice you feel is useful for you but these 2 (one's a channel with many) look pretty decent for a start :
Also: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClFgTO7M0ZytKZ-kwB01PCg

Last edited:

USS ALASKA

1st Lieutenant
Forum Host
Welcome from the Railroads & Steam Locomotives forum!

Cheers and Enjoy!
USS ALASKA