Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

Hilton

Cadet
Hello folks. My name is Hilton and I am from S.W. Georgia. Both sides of my family served in the War Between the States and their involvement has always piqued my interest. I thouroughly enjoy that history and have enjoined others in bringing that history forward to inspire others to explore their family heritage. I intend to work my way into period correct re-enactments; although, at present I know absolutely nothing except through adventures via the internet. The group I am in are very serious about our intent but we actually know of no one local that can help us. We have gotten a cannon and I have the duty to research the clothing and weapons. This adventure is probably going to be expensive but we are dedicated to this purpose. I have been an avid reloaded for 40 years but black powder is new to me in as far I do have a few pieces but question their acceptance and quality. If anyone can “point me in the right direction” I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you - Hilton

Hello folks. My name is Hilton and I am from S.W. Georgia. Both sides of my family served in the War Between the States and their involvement has always piqued my interest. I thouroughly enjoy that history and have enjoined others in bringing that history forward to inspire others to explore their family heritage. I intend to work my way into period correct re-enactments; although, at present I know absolutely nothing except through adventures via the internet. The group I am in are very serious about our intent but we actually know of no one local that can help us. We have gotten a cannon and I have the duty to research the clothing and weapons. This adventure is probably going to be expensive but we are dedicated to this purpose. I have been an avid reloaded for 40 years but black powder is new to me in as far I do have a few pieces but question their acceptance and quality. If anyone can “point me in the right direction” I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you - Hilton
Welcome, if you have researched your ancestor's service, or perhaps need some assistance, hope you'll visit the Civil War Ancestry forum. We'd love to have you.