New member with a question

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

17thSC

Cadet
Hello - I am John H. Means. I'm retired, living in Arkansas and am involved with the Sons of Confederate Veterans and the Sons of Union Veterans. I recently picked up a 2-band Enfield and am wondering what sling would be appropriate for a South Carolina unit?

luinrina

Sergeant Major
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Greetings from Germany and welcome aboard from The Traveler's Companion and Other Notable Biographies forum! :smile:

I can't help with your question, but someone knowledgeable will be around shortly.

ucvrelics

Major
Forum Host

Ole Miss

2nd Lieutenant
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Welcome from the Shiloh/Pittsburg Landing Forum and North Mississippi! Be sure and visit the Forum soon.
Regards
David

captaindrew

Captain
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Welcome John, from South Florida and the Reenactors forum. There's not too much to choose from for a 2 bander that I'm aware of. I believe a leather M61/M63/M55 Springfield sling fits a 2 band Enfield. There's a quite few options for a 3 bander but they don't make anything specific for a 2 bander. Any of the big sutlers should be able to help you out, my go to is Regimental Quartermaster, regtqm.com. There's also Fall Creek, C&C, Blockade Runner, S&S, Jarnigan, I'm sure I'm forgetting somebody. Actually here's a link to the sling you're looking for https://regtqm.com/product/m1855-m1863-springfield-oiled-heavy-duty-leather-sling-made-in-gettysburg-pa/

byron ed

2nd Lieutenant
Hello - I am John H. Means. I'm retired, living in Arkansas and am involved with the Sons of Confederate Veterans and the Sons of Union Veterans. I recently picked up a 2-band Enfield and am wondering what sling would be appropriate for a South Carolina unit?
I agree, best advice is to check with the unit you are intending to fall in with. Generically it should be a cloth sling as I understand it. That's my Federal unit's grey-when-we-need-to-be approach anyway.

*Edited*

Last edited:

GS

Retired User
Welcome to the Forum, where you are sure to find answers. :wavespin: from Alabama!