New Host for this Forum

Luke Freet

2nd Lieutenant
Forum Host
Hello,
My name is Luke. I'd like to announce that I've been made a moderater for this forum.
I've grown up in Gwinnett and Forsyth Counties, just north of Atlanta, and since elementary school, I've been fascinated with history. As many an engagement has been fought around my general area (Kennesaw Mountain is right nearby), I've always been fascinated by the Atlanta Campaign. I believe it to be the campaign that won the Union the war.
I hope to bring more engagement to this forum. I've always known CWT to be quite civil in discussions, and hope that that does not change under my management.
As to content, while I am partly busy with college work, I have been reading up on Earl J. Hess' Peachtree Creek book which I got this Christmas. Earlier today I posted about a minor engagement between the 52nd Ohio and D. H. Reynolds' Arkansas Brigade at Peachtree Creek July 19th; as I read more, I hope to deliver more details about the Battle of Peachtree Creek itself.
I'm also considering discussing the Union and Confederate commanders throughout the Campaign, as they're all a fascinating bunch.
Anyways, I hope things go well.

Edit: Forgot to mention, but I'm currently living in Florida permanently, and only in Georgia itself during Spring and Fall/Winter because of College, up near Savannah. So I can't visit many of the battlefields of the Atlanta Campaign itself currently. While I have visited Pickett's Mill and Kennesaw Mountain, I neglected to take photographs of the areas (or the one's I've taken I've forgotten about). Thus, my hands on experience of the campaign trail is limited to what read in the books I have, or from vague recollections of memories. I hope in the future to move back up to the North Georgia area and visit these sites more often. For now, don't expect me to be posting battlefield visits for a while.

Luke, Congrats being named a Host. Looking forward to seeing your input. Let us know if you have any questions or need any help.

Thank you for serving others and congratulations on being a Forum Host. As to making battlefield visits, that is just a bonus as bring up topics and reawkening older threads is plenty! I just happen to be blessed to live 2 hours away from Shiloh and 3 1/2 from Vicksburg.
Regards
David

Welcome and thank you @Luke Freet The Atlanta Campaign is of interest to many members of CivilWarTalk and there is certainly no shortage of topics to discuss. Sounds like you already have a very good list and I look forward to the discussion that will result from those threads. Again, we are very lucky to have you as the host and appreciate you volunteering!

Hello,
My name is Luke. I'd like to announce that I've been made a moderater for this forum.
I've grown up in Gwinnett and Forsyth Counties, just north of Atlanta, and since elementary school, I've been fascinated with history. As many an engagement has been fought around my general area (Kennesaw Mountain is right nearby), I've always been fascinated by the Atlanta Campaign. I believe it to be the campaign that won the Union the war.
I hope to bring more engagement to this forum. I've always known CWT to be quite civil in discussions, and hope that that does not change under my management.
As to content, while I am partly busy with college work, I have been reading up on Earl J. Hess' Peachtree Creek book which I got this Christmas. Earlier today I posted about a minor engagement between the 52nd Ohio and D. H. Reynolds' Arkansas Brigade at Peachtree Creek July 19th; as I read more, I hope to deliver more details about the Battle of Peachtree Creek itself.
I'm also considering discussing the Union and Confederate commanders throughout the Campaign, as they're all a fascinating bunch.
Anyways, I hope things go well.

Edit: Forgot to mention, but I'm currently living in Florida permanently, and only in Georgia itself during Spring and Fall/Winter because of College, up near Savannah. So I can't visit many of the battlefields of the Atlanta Campaign itself currently. While I have visited Pickett's Mill and Kennesaw Mountain, I neglected to take photographs of the areas (or the one's I've taken I've forgotten about). Thus, my hands on experience of the campaign trail is limited to what read in the books I have, or from vague recollections of memories. I hope in the future to move back up to the North Georgia area and visit these sites more often. For now, don't expect me to be posting battlefield visits for a while.
Congrats Born in Atlanta. I've grown up in Forsyth and Bartow counties since elementary school, I am working wioth soldiers from Bartow County and Cassville so far with around 100o names and working on more.

Back