NF New Harriet Tubman Biopic Trailer

Non-Fiction
I like the look of this movie. I must confess however, I'm not the most well read on the story of Harriet Tubman. That being said the movie looks mostly like it'll be accurate in detail for the most part.

The sets, the filming locations in general look pretty accurate to that time. The props, wardrobe, everything checks out for the most part. One item however, that sticks out like a sore thumb, is the repro "Kentucky" pistol, that is around long past its era, plus I've always heard Tubman favored a Colt's M1851 "Navy" revolver. Such a large, hard to conceal pistol in a business where concealment is practically mandated, I have to wonder if they chose that particular weapon to visually stand out, than historical reasons.

All that being said, I want to see this movie! Hopefully it'll become a classic in the same league as "Glory".

I went and saw it today, absolutely loved it!

I can't claim to really know that much about her, but the movie matches the wikipedia page about her and rings true in general.

Last edited:
Just saw the movie and learned several new things about Harriet Tubman. In addition, I should not have been so surprised, but was struck by how the underground railroad closely mirrored a clandestine intelligence operation, in this case involving a network of support assets who helped exfiltrate slaves from a hostile territory, led by a particularly daring, courageous and skillful "defector" (Tubman) who knew how to outwit the enemy on their own turf (apparently aided by divine intercession, a la Joan of Arc).

Just saw the movie and learned several new things about Harriet Tubman. In addition, I should not have been so surprised, but was struck by how the underground railroad closely mirrored a clandestine intelligence operation, in this case involving a network of support assets who helped exfiltrate slaves from a hostile territory, led by a particularly daring, courageous and skillful "defector" (Tubman) who knew how to outwit the enemy on their own turf (apparently aided by divine intercession, a la Joan of Arc).

AAAAnnnnndddd, I've lost interest in seeing it.

Back