Chamberlain New Documents Online

Cool, I'll add a little note to that effect.
Yeah, it was mostly becasue of the quality of the photocopy. So Mine are on page 1 down the vertical section where copy faded out, and also the heading on the second letter"Portland, Maine March 16 1905" where the copy was not good.

Most of all the handwritten corrections (notes, additions, separation marks) were already present in the original document.

Well, though I once was an intern, I've moved up the ladder a bit. :D

On a related note, I remember this book from when I was in Gettysburg: Gettysburg Requiem: The Life and Lost Causes of Confederate Colonel William C. Oates. It may have some information about the topic of Chamberlain v. Oates.

I have that book. It is a great read and has tons of info on both guys. Copied from Amazon:
Gettysburg Requiem: The Life and Lost Causes of Confederate Colonel William C. Oates Paperback
by Glenn W. LaFantasie

I think its been reviewed elsewhere. Plainly said, LaFantastie had access to an incredible "undiscovered" archive of Oates' papers. There is a lot of Oates/Chamberlain correspondence. I recommend the book highly.

I have that book. It is a great read and has tons of info on both guys. Copied from Amazon:
Gettysburg Requiem: The Life and Lost Causes of Confederate Colonel William C. Oates Paperback
by Glenn W. LaFantasie

I think its been reviewed elsewhere. Plainly said, LaFantastie had access to an incredible "undiscovered" archive of Oates' papers. There is a lot of Oates/Chamberlain correspondence. I recommend the book highly.

So, is LaFantasie a Oates fan or Chamberlain fan?

Back