New Book: Cold Harbor

CivilWarTalk

Lieutenant General
- ★★★ -
Managing Member & Webmaster
As per an email request, I'm posting this press release:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: September 17, 2002

Novel Brings History to Life 140 Years After Key Civil War Battle

Salt Lake City, Utah, September 17, 2002 - On September 17, 1862 the Civil War Battle of Antietam produced what is considered the bloodiest day in American military history. Over 23,000 men were killed, wounded, or missing. To commemorate this anniversary, author Harlow J. Keith presents Cold Harbor, a gripping historical novel based on the battle of Cold Harbor, which produced what may be considered the bloodiest 30 minutes in American military history.

On June 3, 1864, the Federal army launched into a full six mile assault on entrenched Confederate positions at Cold Harbor. Within one half hour, the Federals suffered nearly 7,000 casualties.

A coming of age work written in the same spirit as The Red Badge of Courage, Cold Harbor investigates the fears and courage of a young man as he confronts his destiny on the battlefield. Keith dedicates this book to the reenactors of the American Civil War. "The reenactors have been instrumental in preserving this period of the American history," says Mr. Keith. "I have dedicated this book to them in recognition of all they have done to keep our American heritage alive."

Cold Harbor captures not only the drama of battle, but also the emotions of those who fought and died. It brings a message of courage and sacrifice from the past to the readers of today.
Harlow J. Keith, Cold Harbor, $18.00, ISBN #1-58982-014-2 Advance books available at discount with quick delivery online at Barnes & Noble at bn.com.

"Rarely does a piece of literature capture the images of warfare as graphically as a photograph. Harlow Keith has succeeded in doing just that…As a combat veteran, as a reenactor, and as a living historian, I recommend Cold Harbor to everyone," proclaims Lt. Timothy G. Fredrikson, Adjutant, 38th Regiment, U.S.C.T., Company D.