New Atlanta Campaign Forum

CivilWarTalk

Lieutenant General
- ★★★ -
Managing Member & Webmaster
400px-Atlanta_campaign.svg.png

@Chattahooch33 will be the host of our new forum dedicated to The Atlanta Campaign! Thanks for volunteering to help host, it's good to have another great battle forum. Looking forward to the discussions!

Please check out the new forum here:
http://civilwartalk.com/forums/atlanta-campaign.183/

I appreciate the opportunity to host a forum on a topic near and dear to me.

I was born and raised in the western suburbs of Atlanta and live there still. I grew up with a mother who had an interest in the time period who passed it to me at a young age. I homeschooled until 6th grade so we took quite a number of "field trips" to Pickett's Mill, Kennesaw Mtn, Chickamauga, and countless other parking lots and subdivisions that were once battlefields along with an Uncle who shared the interest.
I went on to the University of West Georgia where I majored in history with a minor in Anthropology hoping to work in a museum or archive but due to the downturn in the economy jobs like that are few and far between. While there I cold-called a contact email from a reenacting unit in Metro Atlanta and thankfully got into a great group. I still participate but I am now married with 2 small boys so I don't get out much.

My wife and I both enjoy the outdoors and hiking so I am able to combine that with my love of Atlanta\Georgia history. We frequent all the parks and walking trails during which I take pictures which I will share in this forum.

Let's have a great time within this forum for discussion and posting of interesting "tid-bits" related to the Atlanta Campaign!

Congrats, C33!

My son and I had the opportunity to the tour the Atlanta Campaign sites last April and we were both very impressed with the state of Georgia. We only experienced one disappointment at Resaca. The new Camp Creek Battlefield was not completed by our arrival. But the rest of the Resaca sites were awesome. Next time.....

Bill

All theaters, all battlefields, all military involvement are worthy of more attention.

If we can get more volunteers to focus on one patch in the larger patchwork blanket of history, there may be more understanding, appreciation and education.

Hopefully this forum will remain civil, where people try to help gather nuggets of important information,
there will be much to explore.

Just my personal thoughts and opinions.

M. E. Wolf

I Don't know much about the Atlanta Campaign, so i look forward to your threads.

Back