Need a Picture of Enfield Pattern 1853

Sure, here are five Union soldiers with P53 Enfield long rifles. And unless my eyes deceive me all five appear to be polished or "struck bright." Image is from the Library of Congress. It is an interesting image for several reasons. Note the soldier on the far left appears to have a bayonet fixed, but upon closer inspection there is a bayonet in its scabbard around his waist? Also, where it can be made out it appears they are wearing at least partial English accoutrement sets...

37124v.jpg

Here are some more:

Kevin Dally

Attachments

• Yank with 2nd mod.JPG
    Yank with 2nd mod.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 218
  • Yank with Enfield.jpg
    Yank with Enfield.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 217
  • Yank with Brit gear.jpg
    Yank with Brit gear.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 219
Jobe, probably not. It was about two local CW soldiers. One was a significant local figure because he and his wife built and donated our local high school to the town so average children could attend. The book was actually advertised here at CWT, much to my surprise. The intent of the book was to capture what we knew of the two and what we were able to find over the last few years of research. The book is called Thompson's Tourtellottes and the Civil War... I've penned a few other books, but they have nothing to do with what we discuss here.
xxxxxxvxv.PNG

Back