Natural Bridge Monument Site

Natural Bridge.jpg

My SCV camp participates in an adopt a road program at Natural Bridge in Tallahassee, I was out this morning participating and decided to take a look at the monument. The air was nice and crisp and the leaves are beginning to change colors. The flags were lowered to half staff in honor of President Bush and the sun was hitting it just right so I decided to take a picture and thought I'd share it here. Natural Bridge is just a small little battlefield but it has a beautiful monument and sure can be pretty.

View attachment 213275

My SCV camp participates in an adopt a road program at Natural Bridge in Tallahassee, I was out this morning participating and decided to take a look at the monument. The air was nice and crisp and the leaves are beginning to change colors. The flags were lowered to half staff in honor of President Bush and the sun was hitting it just right so I decided to take a picture and thought I'd share it here. Natural Bridge is just a small little battlefield but it has a beautiful monument and sure can be pretty.
Nice. Thanks for the post. I am currently reading Dale Cox's book about the battle and plan to visit the Battlefield Park this coming January or February.

The camps around Tallahassee provided troops for Olustee, moving then first to Savannah, and then Lake City, if I remember correctly, but this is the first mention of battle there I have heard. Much appreciated.
Lubliner.

Back