NY Mystery at Lake View Cemetery Pultneyville NY

111thNYSV

Corporal
I am trying to find information on this soldier. I've looked in the Soldiers and Sailors database and can't find much on him or this unit. I snapped this shot today of the headstone. It's a neat little cemetery.

20210917_160943.jpg

I am trying to find information on this soldier. I've looked in the Soldiers and Sailors database and can't find much on him or this unit.
A page from the GAR records. He is at the bottom. Not sure what year that is from. Found it on Ancestry:

41750_1421012671_1292-00045.jpg

Wow that was quick. I always wonder how someone like that ended up in my tiny hometown.
In the 1930 and 1920 Census he was a resident of Williamson, NY.

Last edited:
Using the information in that obit, I was able to find all three of his marriage, the marriage of his daughter, and his residences. NYS had a census every 10 years but done 5 years after the federal census so 1905, 1915, 1925, etc. would be years for the NYS census.
Mr. Bailey had at least one child, a daughter, Maud Alice. This is her record of marriage.
View attachment 414888
I found his son as well.
WWBailey.png

Both the daughter and son married. Both had children. Maud had three sons and a daughter. Warren had two sons and a daughter.

Last edited:
Using the information in that obit, I was able to find all three of his marriage, the marriage of his daughter, and his residences. NYS had a census every 10 years but done 5 years after the federal census so 1905, 1915, 1925, etc. would be years for the NYS census.

I found his son as well. View attachment 414947

Both the daughter and son married. Both had children. Maud had three sons and a daughter. Warren had two sons and a daughter.
Warren had a total of 6 children: 4 sons, 2 daughters. Two are listed as still living: a son who would be 103 and a daughter who would be 104.

Back