Member Review My Review of "Gone with the Wind" 74 years too late.

The movie has been re released on wide screen at select theaters. It showed here in Waxahachie but, I could not bring myself to sit through a three hour movie.

Widescreen? The only way to do that is to crop the top and bottom of the picture. That was done once before to the movie, for a release in the 70s as I recall. The result was...odd.

3FCEA35A-A115-43A3-9E1A-025C684866DA.jpeg
3C365411-308E-4BA6-888D-C81E8D2180A0.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm not fond of 3-4 hour movies," but"one must take into consideration the era that this was produced as opposed to today. It has a mxture of many emotions presented in a spectacular setting with the Civil War all around. Granted some of the characters could have been cut and no one would have ever noticed. Yes History was not it's backbone , but it did bring interest to finding out about the Civil War. Remember also it did have a plot as opposed of some of today's trash that gets award after award thrown at them and your not sure what it was about when over. I believe some of today's garbage has as many people killed as did the Civil War and to what point.

I'm not fond of 3-4 hour movies," but"one must take into consideration the era that this was produced as opposed to today. It has a mxture of many emotions presented in a spectacular setting with the Civil War all around. Granted some of the characters could have been cut and no one would have ever noticed. Yes History was not it's backbone , but it did bring interest to finding out about the Civil War. Remember also it did have a plot as opposed of some of today's trash that gets award after award thrown at them and your not sure what it was about when over. I believe some of today's garbage has as many people killed as did the Civil War and to what point.
It has an intermission after Scarlett gnaws on the turnip.:giggle:

Back