My October trip to Gettysburg

Thank you. I was using my wife's camera, Fuji x100f. Its a fixed lens so no zoom or anything. It makes you be creative and kind of work for the shots. Im sure a pro could do better as there are so many settings and other features I don't know how to use. I had gorgeous weather that weekend and was fortunate enough to do all those locations on foot from the hotel.

Thanks for sharing these. They were so good, I had to go through them all 3 times. Two of my favorite stone carvings on the field are the 116th PA and the 17th ME. Both sculptures are excellent, but are hard to really appreciate because they are a bit too high to really examine from ground level. I'm glad you included them.

No need to apologize for the use of these great photos. I have made the pilgrimage to Gettysburg three times and plan on going a fourth. Was there for the 155th Re-enactment and will be back next year for Remembrance Day. I think anyone who is a student of the Civil War is drawn to the place. For me it is an emotional experience to stand upon that holy ground and pay respects to those who made it so.

Amazing photos. Love the fall foliage. I had no idea there was a covered bridge nearby. I've only been to Gettysburg once and that was Memorial Day weekend way back in 2002

Thank you! Sachs bridge, definitely swing by and check it out when you visit. Since I worked in the Orange Blossoms, I figured you'd make it into this thread Kip.

Back