My most prized possession arrived today! Confederate holy grail.

TheRebelPatriot

Private
It arrived today!! I feel like a kid on Christmas morning lol

It's also a miscut, and has a hint of a Treasury stamp.

This is by far the best item in my collection.

20210325_131405.jpg
20210325_132149.jpg
20210325_132216.jpg

I am not an expert on this, so I will ask an amateur question. Please explain the significance of this specific bill/note, besides it being extremely attractive to look at.

It is the only Confederate bill to feature a General and the Flag. It is also a low serial number, it graded high (30 Very Fine), and it is a miscut with part of a Treasury stamp.

It was made as a tribute to Stonewall Jackson, and is one of the most desirable Confederate bills.

And yes, it is very pretty to look at! Lol

I'm wondering about the top line. Was there ever a treaty of peace between CSA & US? Wouldn't that be 1867?
It is saying it will pay two years after a treaty $500, presumably in gold and silver......all paper money used to be exchangable....until we started printing far more then our reserves. Up till 1933 you could exchange US paper for gold.....then to 1963 for silver.........now just whatever the current clad coins are.......

Though not sure if they would even do that nowadays....if there was a run for hard coinage

Last edited:
Nice piece.

Very iconic note, and in amazing condition very nice thanks! I picked one up a little while ago.... not near in this condition very cool bill!

It is the only Confederate bill to feature a General and the Flag. It is also a low serial number, it graded high (30 Very Fine), and it is a miscut with part of a Treasury stamp.

It was made as a tribute to Stonewall Jackson, and is one of the most desirable Confederate bills.

Don't forget the seal sitting on top of the war insruments.Shame its not a dark pink or red.

Back