My Longarms

rob63

First Sergeant
Ok, I admit, I guess I am showing off here.

I'm sitting at home, snowed in, deep, deep cold outside, no football to watch, and not feeling very ambitious about home improvement projects; so I decided to see if I could take a photo of all of my Civil War longarms in one shot to make into wallpaper for my computer. I laid them out on an old blanket, then cropped and stretched the photo on the sides to make it the right proportions.

Civil War Longarms.jpg

Ok, I admit, I guess I am showing off here.

I'm sitting at home, snowed in, deep, deep cold outside, no football to watch, and not feeling very ambitious about home improvement projects; so I decided to see if I could take a photo of all of my Civil War longarms in one shot to make into wallpaper for my computer. I laid them out on an old blanket, then cropped and stretched the photo on the sides to make it the right proportions.

View attachment 27615
WOW !!!, very nice collection. I wouldn't let too many people see this picture; the dept of homeland security will be paying you a visit. :smile:

Beautiful collection! How long has it taken you to amass?

Cool! With some of us not being so accurate on our rifle identification, can you tell us what they are?

Last edited:
Beautiful collection! How long has it taken you to amass?
Thank you to everyone for the kind comments. It has taken me 25 years. That amounts to a lot of auctions, gun-shows, etc. attended looking for deals! Also, a fair amount of luck in that I started out collecting WWII before they got hot. I ended up selling off some of what I had when we adopted our son, and then have been able to sell some others to fund these. The knowledge gained along the way also helps me to continue to find other bargains that I can resell at a profit. I think all of the wheelin' and dealin' is what is the most fun.

Cool! With some of us not being so accurate on our rifle identification, can you tell us what they are?

US Model 1819 Hall Rifle (Harpers Ferry)
-----US Model 1842 Musket (Springfield)
US Model 1855 Rifle (Harpers Ferry)
-----US Model 1840 Musket (Nippes - New Orleans conversion)
US Model 1861 Rifle-Musket (Norfolk)
-----US Model 1816 Musket (Springfield - H&P conversion)
US Model 1861 Special Rifle-Musket (Colt)
-----US Model 1816 Musket (Springfield - arsenal conversion)
British P1853 Enfield Rifle-Musket
-----Virginia Manufactury 2nd Type Musket
Austrian M1854 Lorenz Rifle-Musket

Last edited:
Rob 63
Great bunch of Guns. My problem if it's a problem is when a gun finds its way to my place it dosn't leave.

Rob 63
Great bunch of Guns. My problem if it's a problem is when a gun finds its way to my place it dosn't leave.

Back