My how some things change.

drm2m

Sergeant
Changing-collecting-focus-photo-taken-years-ago.jpg

This photo was taken today.

CW-pistol-cabinet-photos.jpg

I commend you on your change of tastes to Civil War items. You have an outstanding collection with all quality items! BUT, it would have hurt me very much to have had to sell that Browning High Power, Luger, P-38, and Radom (looks like a Radom but not sure) and the matching holsters. (Especially that Browning, which I bet had Waffen marks on it). Enjoy your collection in good health.

Last edited:
I had these two pistols deactivated and sent them to Collector's Guild in New Brunswick to sell on consignment.
Almost every time I look at CG it makes me want to gag for that very reason - to my mind that's nothing but destroying them. Mine may not be the best examples and some have restoration and are even RC "parts guns" like my three Mausers, but at least THEY ALL SHOOT! The only ones (apart from my French Napoleonic flintlocks) I haven't shot are the two Arisakas whose ammunition has become largely unavailable and therefore too costly.

Last edited:
Dewats means arms that have been deactivated so they are no longer firearms (such as replacing the receiver with a solid block of metal), and 12.3 is the ATF Bureau's code or law section that applies to automatic firearms that have been converted so they are no longer automatic, and the registration is changed under this Section 12.3

Almost every time I look at CG it makes me want to gag for that very reason - to my mind that's nothing but destroying them. Mine may not be the best examples and some have restoration and are even RC "parts guns" like My three Mausers, but at least THEY ALL SHOOT! The only ones (apart from my French Napoleonic flintlocks) I haven't shot are the two Arisakas whose ammunition has become largely unavailable and therefore too costly.

6.5 and 7.7 Arisaka ammunition has become pretty available. A Type 99 I once had, (still kicking myself for selling it), was surprisingly accurate and a pleasure to shoot. The caliber's performance kind of halfway reminded me of the .303.

Very nice. Judging from your previous posts and photos, seems like you have a nice collection of a vast array of military history.
Unfortunately it skims the surface and omits many of the accepted "classics" like the U.S. M.1911 Colt and Luger pistols; Trapdoor, '03 Springfield and M.1 rifles, etc. I don't believe there are any real rarities either. But I've enjoyed "accumulating" them over the past twenty years, mainly since retiring.

Last edited:
Back