Muster Cards?

DHTidwell

Private
My ancestor was David H. Tidwell, Co. B(Alachua Guards), 2nd Florida Infantry Regiment. I am interested in locating his 'Muster Cards'. I know I can go to the Florida Museum of Natural History and view the Microfilm and get a copy. But, I was hoping there is an online copy available. Can someone give me some help? Thank you for your input.

More than likely, the most info you will find is in the compiled service records of the confederacy, Florida 2nd Infantry Regiment. They will appear as "Rolls" muster cards could be something the state archives did between 1908-1960 depending on state, typically done from the Compiled records.

More than likely, the most info you will find is in the compiled service records of the confederacy, Florida 2nd Infantry Regiment. They will appear as "Rolls" muster cards could be something the state archives did between 1908-1960 depending on state, typically done from the Compiled records.
A number of years ago, I located information from another ancestor at the Florida Archives but was not aware of 'Tidwell' ancestor at that time. I'll probably make a trip down to take a look.

I know Fold3.com is a pay sight, however they do have a free trial. I am not affiliated with them but through advice here on this forum etc I realized I could obtain many microfilm copies of service records online through them. If in the future you wish to delve deeper I would recommend it!

Here's his muster-in card from fold3.com. Good luck reading it!
0000kk.jpg

Attachments

• 000000000f.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 151
D. H. Tidwell
PVT (in) Capt. Williams, CO 2nd Reg. FL Reg.
At(muster in date):Camp Virginia July 13 1861
Joined (Reg.) Duty: 23 July 186. (1)
Where(met Reg.) : Neianus......
(Recorded) by : L. G.Pyle
Period (enlisted for): 12 months
Travled (From Camp VA. To N?/Reg.) 85 miles
He should have more roll cards in the 2nd Inf records

He appears to have been a Teamster.
Did it come through?
I looked and it only showed a link to my files directory -- so I erased it and changed it to a .jpg of one card.
If you need me to send it again, let me know.
Yes sir it came through nicely.... as a pdf. The writing is light but was able to make out most of it. He was attached to the quartermasters department at one point and worked as a teamster. Very interesting.

He appears to have been a Teamster.

Yes sir it came through nicely.... as a pdf. The writing is light but was able to make out most of it. He was attached to the quartermasters department at one point and worked as a teamster. Very interesting.
Great. Strange, when I click on t it goes right to my downloads files. If somebody got there, he could see all my downloads! No big deal (nothing really embarrassing), but he could also delete them ... that would be a VERY big deal.
001-22611b9.png
Reminds me ... time to do another major files back-up!

How I accessed them was by clicking on the pdf file tab that you loaded and then opened it up and I saw all attachements as a pdf read only. But I could not find them by going through your google/home tab. That went nowhere for me.

I know Fold3.com is a pay sight, however they do have a free trial. I am not affiliated with them but through advice here on this forum etc I realized I could obtain many microfilm copies of service records online through them. If in the future you wish to delve deeper I would recommend it!
We have a Lookup Request thread here. Those of us with Ancestry and Fold3 accounts will search for you. I would post a link but I'm mobile right now and tough to do.

Back