Mother's Day Tea Party

Yes! Happy Mother's Day!
Our church celebrates with a Ladie's Appreciation breakfast. Not everyone at our church is a Mom, so this is a very special way to honor all the ladies! The fellas cook for us! Tomorrow's menu is a made to order omelet with fried potatoes, choice of toast or English muffin and fresh fruit!

My Mom is a coffee drinker, and we’ve shared many a cup together. This year I found a shop near where she lives that had hanging baskets you could have delivered. I thought that would make a nice change. The basket was huge and filled with yellow, purple, pink petunias. Lovely, and she was quite happy.

After church I plan to spend the day sewing. I have to take in two bodices, as I lost weight, and. I bought fabric(!) to make a sheer summer dress and. I want to read through the pattern and do some measurements.

Our church always had a ' Mothers and Others ' evening. It was always a great turnout, anyone who'd ever had a nurturing influence on children was honored too- so we had a lot of teachers, both public and Sunday School. It was a nice take. Mothers have a tough job, all help appreciated.
I love this idea. I think I’ll steal it and suggest it for my church next year.

I love this idea. I think I’ll steal it and suggest it for my church next year.

Didn't they do a nice job with this take? Your church is probably like so many, with women who watched kids grow up and contributed to their childhood hugely. There was always an hysterically long list of prizes- more than oldest and youngest mother and most children. Someone wrote it so nearly everyone went home with a ' prize '. mother or no. It was dear.

Time to bump as Mother's Day is this Sunday. Happy Mothers Day to all our Mothers on forum and to those Mothers that have passed on to heaven. A special thought for my Mother who passed on November10, 1999. Always loved and missed. But know she is an angel in heaven.

Back